Chapter eighty three: Simon

"Hi Felice," I said into my phone.

"Hi Simon, what is up? Are you on your way home?" she asked me. I heard William and Lillian in the background. It made me smile.

"No. We are on our way to the hospital. Wilhelm has collapsed," I said.

"Oh my god, Simon! What has happened?" she asked back.

"It is kind of a long story. Wilhelm got some news that shocked him and he did not react very well. He just collapsed in my arms afterwards," I said. I tried to keep calm. I had just witnessed my husband fall to the floor, hyperventilating. I was not calm.

"What kind of news, Simon?" Felice asked.

"His brother was his half brother. And potentially he has a nephew we did not know about," I said.

"Oh my god. Do you want us to come to the hospital?" she replied. She knew it must have been a big shock to him. I was shocked. And angry. How would they keep things from him like that?

"It is better that you stay at home. I will call you when I know more. I hope that I can take him home tonight," I said.

"Okay. Take care of daddy Wilhelm for us then. Talk to you later," Felice replied.

"Talk to you later," I said and hung up. The car was by the entrance to the hospital. I went outside with my bodyguard, who had gone with me. I walked into the reception and asked for Wille. My beautiful Wilhelm.

"Hi. I am here for my husband, King Wilhelm," I said. The nurse on the other side of the glass smiled at me.

"Of course, his majesty. I will show you to him. He has been asking for you since he got here," she said. She left her place and let me through the door. I followed her down the corridor. People looked at me as I walked by. It was not every day a prince stepped into the emergency room. The nurse showed me into a room where Wilhelm was laying on a hospital bed. There were medics around him.

"And the husband has arrived," a nurse tending machines Wilhelm was connected to said with a smile when she saw me in the doorway.

"Hi, sweetheart," I said and walked up to the head of his bed. He had a hospital gown on. His hair was messy. I leaned down to kiss his cheek. I took his hand in mine and sat down in a chair next to him.

"Hi baby," Wilhelm replied. He was so tired. I saw that the medics smiled at each other when we called each other nicknames. When I kissed him. They kept on examining Wille and I just sat there, holding his hand. It was not much more I could do.

"Prince Simon, I would like to talk to you outside for a moment, if that is okay?" A woman who appeared to be the doctor said. I looked at Wille, who nodded. It was okay if I stepped outside for a moment. I gave him a peck on the lips as a promise I would be back soon. I then walked out into the corridor with the doctor.

"Is he going to be okay?" I asked. She smiled and nodded.

"Your husband will recover, prince Simon," she said. "I just want to clear a few things up about his collapse, as you were there." I nodded.

"Yes, he collapsed in my arms," I said.

"When did this collapse happen?" she asked.

"We happened to hear a few colleagues discuss a topic very sensitive to my husband. He got a shock from news he was given, just prior to his collapse. He was very angry and emotional," I said. "I have never seen him like that before."

"Okay. Then our theory is probably right. We think that king Wilhelm suffers from exhaustion syndrome and that he got an overload that overstimulated him, causing him to collapse," she said. I was not surprised if Wilhelm did have exhaustion syndrome. We had dealt with a lot. And it had been building up for several years. It happened shit around us all the time. Car crashes, cancer, brother's turning out to be half brother's. And much more.