Chapter eleven: Wilhelm

Trigger warning: Panicattack

We had social science and I sat with Henry in the classroom working on our project.

"Did you have a nice weekend?" he asked me.

"Yes. I was at Simon's house." I replied. I had gone back to Hillerska yesterday evening and I had just waited for the morning so that Simon would come to school so I could see him again. He was now sitting with Felice working on their project.

"I figured. Did you see the football game?" he asked. Simon and I were only interested in football when it was his friend Rosh playing. I shook my head. We had watched movies with Sara and Linda, but no football.

"No, we don't really watch football when we are together. We have only been to his friend's game once last semester." I said.

"Oh. Simon has a friend who plays here in Bjärstad? What's his name?" Henry asked.

"Yes. Her name is Rosh," I said. We kept working on our project until the next break, which Simon and I spent on the schoolyard since he thought that I needed some fresh air. Malin was on Simon's side. She thought it would do me good, so I went to get my coat, scarf and shoes from my room. On my way to my room I had passed August. I had not forgiven him and I just pretended I didn't see him. Then I had returned out to Simon, who had pulled me with him out in the cold weather. The sun was shining and made the snow on the ground sparkle, which was beautiful. But not as beautiful as him.

"Hi boys!" Felice and Maddie said. They were both wearing warm coats, scarfs and mittens. Felice had a hat on, but Maddie did not seem happy to mess up her hair. "Did you have a nice weekend?" Felice asked me. She knew we had been together for the weekend, and probably wanted to know every little detail.

"Yes we did. I took Simon out on our first real date" I answered.

"How romantic," Maddie said. "What did you do?" Felice looked at us with a warm smile. I was so happy to have her and Maddie as friends. I wished I could have dinner with them instead of the other boys. It was never boring hanging out with them. But the other boys only ever talked about sports and girls. And I rather talked to the girls than about them. The conversations about girls often turned sexual or disrespectful quite fast and I did not like it.

"He took me out for lunch and I made him try pineapple on pizza" Simon said and the girls laughed when they saw my face. I had told him it was a food crime for a reason. Fruit did not belong on pizza. "But I could not get him to try coffée when we went to the coffee shop. It was too much for one day apparently." Simon giggled and caressed my cheek. His mitten was soft against my face.

"I might try it next time if it makes you happy," I said and pulled him into a hug. "But I stand for my opinion on pineapple on pizza. It is a food crime." Felice and Maddie just smiled at each other.

"How was your weekend then?" Simon asked them.

"It was a nice weekend. Sara and I hung out in the stables on Saturday. And Maddie and I had a movie marathon yesterday." Felice said.

"Felice is getting on really well with Rousseau thanks to Sara" Maddie said, complimenting both Felice and Saras work. I knew Sara loved horses and that she was a really good rider, but I would not have guessed she was such a good teacher.

"Yeah. Sara has really helped me get back to liking hanging out with him. I had an accident with him before last semester and I was scared, but now we have found each other again. And I have to thank Rousseau for making me and Sara this close." Felice answered. I saw that Simon was happy they spoke well about Sara and that she finally had friends that she could trust. Simon had told me that she was very bullied at Marieberg, where she attended school the last school year. When Simon also was to transfer to upper secondary school, they had applied to Hillerska together and she did her first year for the second time. I had attended an ordinary school before my scandal and I had made friends there, but as always my mother wanted me to live the picture perfect life and she had made me go to Hillerska. The parties at Hillerska were even wilder than the parties I had been at with my previous school. These kids were loaded and they could get almost anything to the parties.