𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐈𝐓 𝐏𝐔𝐏𝐏𝐘 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄

"its not love I swear, it might be closer to despair" 

-Leo

~~~

       Things rarely go according to plan, there always has to be one thing to interrupt the peace. Dove sat tied to a wood chair in the middle of a dark hospital room. The building was old and abandoned and the floor creaked every time someone took a step.

The teenager groaned and looked around trying to find a way out, she could easily escape but no one kidnaps one of Batman's proteges for fun so she figured she'd stay to figure out what whoever kidnapped her wanted.

The loud creaking of the floor boards sounded as the door squeaked open to reveal Jonathan Crane.

Before, Jonathan was just a psychologist who collected coupons as a side hobby, or at least that's what Lorelei imagined he did in his spare time. Now he made it his job to terrorize the city that 'did him wrong'.

Dove raised both eyebrows at the man before her, hoping that he would speak without her having to make the situation worse. 'Don't poke the bear' Alfred had always told her.

"You're awake" Crane stated the obvious, looking at the tied up girl.

"You caught a child, congratulations." She quickly replied and looked around once more, "We're on the west end of the city right? I'm gonna assume yes because of all the literal rages of crime I can hear outside. Now given that there is so much going on out there, it's not long before Batman shows up, so make this quick."

Scarecrow let out a deep chuckle, "no saving yourself this time?"

"If I wanted to do that, I would have already" it was true, this wasn't Doves first rodeo being kidnapped and it wouldn't be her last. If the fifteen year old wanted to get out of a situation, she would.

"You've escaped my traps too many times...but not today."

She smacked her lips together as if in thought, "I have a pretty tight schedule today actually"

He tilted his head "do you not fear me girl?"

"No" she lied, the truth is she was terrified but she couldn't let him know. Ever since her and her brothers parents deaths she learnt well how to hide her feelings from others. This was something she knew was very bad for her mental health but had never actually put in the effort to fix.

In Rory's eyes, what people didn't see didn't hurt them. She much rather spend her time helping others than have them help her. Besides, she had no negative repercussions yet.

"Well you should...i know everything." He leaned in so much the girl could see every detail on his mask. One of the many needles on his hand traced her face.

"Bullshit, who's batman"

He stopped before continuing "I know what you fear. Failure, you need to be the best, if you're not in control you feel people don't trust you, and most of all you fear that your poor little brother will get hurt. Speaking of which, have you seen him today?"

She stared at him with hatred about the fact he was right, not only about her fears but she had yet to see Dick today. The girl, wanting to go above and beyond as she always did, went out for patrol before him, soon after she got taken and she simply just assumed he was safe.

"No." Dove stated honestly with a breath.

He smirked and stood up walking "well, I have" he turned on a light outside the dark window to reveal Robin unconscious, the only thing holding him up was a rope.