𝐈 𝐃𝐎𝐍𝐓 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒

"this is a mans world, but it wouldn't be nothing without a woman or a girl"

-Etta James

~~~

        "It's quite revealing..." I looked at myself in the mirror as I wore the silk dark blue dress my great grandfather had given me. It felt odd calling him that but he did a DNA test as proof, sure enough he was right.

I had also put on a blonde wig and one contact to make both of my eyes blue. It looked realistic. TOO realistic.

The dress was pretty but the v-neck was really low, it also had a slit that went up to just past the middle of my thigh. I'd normally be ok with this but I barely knew anyone we'd be with so it was weird.

"You look fine" Grandfather told me, "we're wasting time. Put on your mask"

I sighed and obeyed his order, adjusting my long gloves as we walked out.

~ ~ ~

My mask stayed hidden in my purse as I walked around the event. A large ballroom full of stuck up rich people really wasn't where I wanted to spend my Monday night.

I knew that Bruce was patrolling the other side of the city so he wouldn't be an issue if I moved quick. Part of me hoped he would catch me, I just wanted to get out of this situation. But then again I was terrified of anyone I cared for getting hurt.

My comm went fuzzy for a second before turning on fully.

"Can you hear me?" Grandfathers voice asked.

I sighed and gave a fake smile to some guests as I walked by, "yes I can"

"Don't sass me." He told me in the same tone, "the others are dealing with the entrance. What I need you to do is distract Mr Harrison, he's the old man in dark green, black greying slicked back hair. He's seated at the bar, get yourself a drink and start talking"

"Are you asking me to drink illegally and talk up some old man?" I asked quietly.

"Yes, I am. I got you a fake ID that matches your disguise. As of now your name is Victoria West, I did you the honour of using lover boys last name. Get as much information from Harrison as you can, try to get his watch and wallet if you can. Once the signal goes off, get rid of him. Understand?"

I sighed and nodded, understanding my orders.
It felt gross but I had to listen.

"Gin and tonic" I told the bartender as I sat down purposely next to Mr Harrison.

"Aint you too young to be here?" The bartender asked, I could feel Harrison starting to look at me but I ignored him as I grabbed my ID and showed the worker.

"I'm 21" I told him, "birthday was recently"

He nodded and handed the ID back to me before getting started on my drink. I only knew I liked it because Bruce had let me sneak a few sips of his drinks before.

As much as I complained about them I actually really enjoyed going to big events with Bruce. He'd often run off with some girl later in the night but for the most part he'd stick with me and actually spend some quality time.

I'd give anything to be patrolling with him right now.

"I ain't never seen you at one of these before" Mr Harrison spoke up. I looked over at him with a fake smile as I explained.

"Yeah well, I'm new to the area. My boss told me I should come here to meet some new faces, get my name out there" I said facing him.

The man nodded, "You got guts moving here of all places" he stuck his hand out, "Henry Harrison"