𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐓 𝐍𝐎 𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐂𝐊𝐄𝐃

"something bad is 'bout to happen to me"

-Steve Lacy

~~~

Thud

Punch

Kick

Wack

Good skills but not good enough. I should've have passed out during a mission. That's embarrassing, that's a fail. I let everyone down. So what do I do? I improve.

My thigh was still in its bandages to held with the healing process which was moving faster then I thought it would. Apparently when Wally gave me his blood a while ago, I got slight super-healing as well which I wasn't gonna complain about.

"You should be resting" Bruces voices echoed from behind me at the cave entrance. I shook my head and continued to test myself, kicking the punching bag.

"I need to be able to fight..." I groaned and landed more punches, "..during a mission when I'm hurt"

"...it worries me, the similarities between you two sir" Alfred told Bruce who sighed loudly.

"I understand that Rory, but your injury is different."

I whipped around, looking at him dead in the eyes. It's like he doubted me. Why would he do that? He's always pushing me to be the best me.

"No it's not. I should have avoided the hit. I need more work" I stated.

He shook his head calmly, "what you need is a break from training. I agree that you could have avoided the hit but you need to heal fully. Just-..."
Pinching the bridge of his nose he sighed again.
"Change into some regular clothes and meet me in the library."

I didn't get a chance to debate because he walked away.

~ ~ ~

I changed into some jeans and a crop top before going to the library, Bruce was already sitting there.

Tea and biscuits were placed out on the table in-front of him and he sat looking at the book I had left out.

"Jane Austen?" He questioned and I nodded as I sat across from him, "my mother loved her" he put the book down and looked at me, "tea?"

"Thanks" I said before taking some for myself, "...you have a purpose for this"

"I do" he answered truthfully, "you need to learn when to rest"

"You need to learn what a hypocrite is" I put my cup down, "I can't just stop Bruce. Ok? I need to get better, I need to be able to take the hits."

"Why do you need to take them?" My father figure asked, leaning forward.

"Because if I don't take them others do, and I can't let that happen. I can't just let them get hurt when I know I could help."

"How do you expect you help when you're bleeding to death Lorelei?"

"Better me then them."

I could feel Bruce watching me as I looked at the ground, I didn't want to talk about this. I wasn't proud of getting hurt.

"We can avoid this topic for now if you'd like, but not forever. You're officially on a break as of now...but I have something I need you to do"

I looked up in hope he would he giving me a mission.

"Someone needs to watch Billy today, I offered for you to"

I groaned and leaned back. Yeah I loved the kid but I was hoping for some action, maybe take down Mad Hatter or something.

Sighing I looked at him, "can you drop me off?"

Bruce smiled and nodded.

We finished our tea and I grabbed my belongings I'd need before heading off to Billy's place.

~ ~ ~

"-but then Diana said that Clark was being stupid. So he was kinda sad she wasn't on his side. Then Hal apparently got involved and he confessed, turns out it was him who accidentally took Clarks snacks."

I smiled as I listened to Billy's rambling about The Leagues petty drama. Working in the kitchen as I made him some warm milk.

"But Clark blamed Barry?" I asked, trying to understand.

"Uh huh" The kid confirmed, "so he had to apologize which was funny to watch"

I poured the milk into a cup and walked into the living room where he sat, "did you pick a movie?" I put the mug on a coaster, placing it on the coffee table in front of us which was covered with papers and colouring utensils.

"Mhmm. Spy kids!" He told me excitedly and started the film. I smiled at his choice and we started colouring again, talking about anything he wanted.

Not gonna lie, I enjoyed my time with Billy. He was sweet and though he fights crime as a huge man with the strength of gods, it hasn't effected him negatively.

"What about Wally?" Billy questioned, not looking up from his paper.

I looked up at the child, "what about him?"

"Well aren't you two dating now?" He asked. I nodded, "yeah we are"

"So, how is he?" He repeated himself, "isn't his arm hurt?"

I sighed, "yeah he hurt it pretty bad. But he'll be alright, he's strong"

"Is that why you like him? Cause he's strong?"

I shook my head no, "No, his powers or strength will never have anything to do with why I like him. It's about who he is"

"Oh...well what about him do you like then?" He continues with curiosity.

I went back to my drawing, "well, he's smart, and really nice. He sometimes says kinda rude things but he doesn't actually mean it. Plus he's funny, and has a nice smile...and voice..." I stopped and looked at Billy who was watching me talk.

I raised an eyebrow, "you're not gonna tell him I'm saying this...are you?" Billy shook his head dramatically and went back to his art.

~ ~ ~

The noise of Billy snoring woke me up from my own sleep. I looked over to see him fast asleep, laying his head on the arm of the couch.

I sighed, standing up and lifting him. I walked to him room and laid the boy in his bed, making sure he was comfortable before quietly exiting and shutting the door behind me.

"Adorable." A disoriented voice sneered from behind me. I turned around quickly and there stood the blur.

"Get out." I ordered

"Relax sweet cheeks, I was just on my way...just thought I'd say hello."
His voice sounded almost as if it was glitching.

"What do you want?" I asked, not leaving my spot in front of the door.

"Ohh.." he chuckled "you know what I want...but I can't have it now. Not yet, no..but I'll get it soon enough"

With that there was a gust of wind and the Blur was gone.

~ ~ ~