𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐀𝐊 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐕𝐈𝐋

"wherever you go, I won't be far to follow" 

-Waitress

~~~

       "It's exasperating" I complained "I mean, I don't know if I want to take an extra Socials, English, or Science class" I looked at my course planning form as I sat on a rooftop.

A certain feline themed rouge looked at my options.
"What's your first Socials option?" She questioned.

"History" I replied, she nodded and looked at the paper.

"Ok, and so far what do we have?"

I sighed and looked at the paper "English, Cheer/Gym, History, Calculus, Life Skills, Chemistry, And Photography"

Selina nodded and looked back at the courses "why not take advanced sciences which covers everything, law instead of history, and ask for a free block? In the free block just sign up to help teachers"

I smiled and nodded, writing down her suggestion.

"Thank you, I mean it" She nodded and handed me the papers which I folded and put in my pocket.
"You get a ten second head start"

She ran off and I started counting, and started to chase once I reached the tenth digit. Running across rooftops I rushed to catch her when Batman swooped in taking over the chase.

I groaned and stomped my foot, whining like a child into the comms "B, I had that"

"Yeah well go have something else." He replied.
Rolling my eyes I opened my bracelet computer, checking for nearby activity. All that was available was a few petty crimes for now. I took a deep sigh and got up, going to help out.

~ ~ ~

It didn't take long for me to finish the tasks, Gotham was oddly silent tonight. I sat in the park and heard some footsteps approaching from behind.

"This is boring" My brother complained as he jumped over the bench, sitting beside me.

I nodded, "want to get a snack?" He nodded in return and I stood up, offering my hand for him. He whined and grabbed it lazily getting up.

"I don't wanna walk" he complained.

"Hop on my back, piggy back ride" I suggested and he hopped on. Slowly but surly we made our way to a nearby diner. I walked in and put him down as we sat on opposite sides of a booth.

"What can I get this time?" The waitress asked us, Helen was her name, I knew this because we came here quite often. Her dad was the owner of the place.

"Two milkshakes please, one strawberry one chocolate and a plate of fries. Thank you" I ordered what we usually got and she nodded walking away.

"So...about the hickey" My brother brought up randomly.

"You're still on that?" I questioned and he nodded.
I shook my head "unbelievable"

"I just wanna know who did it, I won't tell B I promise" he begged and I shook my head.

"Please"

"No"

"I'll tell you a secret"

"No"

He rolled his eyes "fine, don't tell me, your only sibling, who this mystery person is"

I nodded "I wont." I looked out the window wanting to change the subject "this is upsetting"