𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐄

"high achiever don't you see baby nothing comes for free, they say I'm a control freak driven by a greed to succeed nobody can stop me"

-MARINA

~~~

        I tied my shoes as I waited in the league training room. It didn't take long before Diana walked in.

"Are you ready?" The Amazon questioned, I nodded in return, "Good. Get in position"

I stood across from Diana who drew a sword. I was taken aback slightly due to not being prepared for that.

"In battle the terms aren't always fair." She started as we both began to circle the matt, "you need to prepared to fight those beyond your level. Use your surroundings to your advantage, and don't hold back"

"What if I accidentally hurt you?" I asked, waiting for her to make a move.

"Then I will be the one to learn a lesson. Learning is a part of the job Dove, if we didn't keep doing that constantly it would become dull."

Diana stopped moving so I did the same, we both stood ready across from each other.

"A faithful fighter never throws the first hit but for this, I'll begin"

She flew at me, swinging her sword. I did a summersault to dodge. I didn't have much time to respond as it was swung at me again, I rolled out of the way again.

"Dodging is a good resource but it won't earn you a victory. You need to fight back"

I moved away from another attack and wrapped my legs around hers, tripping her onto the ground as her sword went flying.

Thinking quick I ran over to the sword and picked it up, aiming it at the royalty who now stood in-front of me.

"Do you even know how to use that?" She asked.

I nodded, grandfather had taught me a while ago.
Diana gave an impressed nod and got out her lasso.

We stood ready before the battle commenced again.

I held my ground for a good 15 minutes before finally she managed to pin me on the ground with the lasso around my wrists.

"You did well. I unfortunately do have places to be, why don't you go find Flash and stick with him until Black Canary arrives? He's in the lab"

I agreed and handed the Amazon back her sword.

We both bowed, something she had always done when we trained together and went our separate ways.

On my way to the lab I noticed a shooting range just outside of the training room. It was empty but was still classified as training so I entered.

I stood in one of the booths and grabbed a pistol, loading it quickly before pointing it at the target.

One.

Two.

Three.

All perfect bullseyes. I lowered the gun to look at my success and heard a small whistle. I turned to the source of noise to see Roy standing in the doorway.

"Nice" he complimented, walking over. I smiled at this and looked back at the target then down slightly in disappointment.

"What's wrong? That was amazing"

I sighed and looked up at the archer, "I shouldn't be able to do that"

He paused confused, the smile slowly fading from him face. "What do you mean?"