𝐓𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐀 𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐊

"here we are now, entertain us. I feel stupid, and contagious"

-Nirvana

~~~

       "Training Simulation. Failed." I groaned and stood up, the computers voice seemed to mock me at this point.

"Run it again" I tightened the blindfold over my eyes and got in a ready stance.

"Training Simulation. Commencing in three...two...one."

I could hear dummies prepare in the batcave around me. I dodged a rubber bullet that was shot and flipped over a dummy knocking it down. I kept up a streak for about twenty minutes when a wood rod hit me in the back, knocking me down.

"Training Simulation. Fai-"

"Failed I know." I snapped, standing up and taking off my blindfold deciding to take a rest and go to one of my many favourite places in the city.

~ ~ ~

Sitting at the dinner counter I sipped my soda before returning to my holo-computer, searching through a few files.

"what did i say about working in my dinner?"

i sighed and looked up at Helen who looked back with a raised eyebrow.

"that it's not allowed"

"why?"

"because it causes stress"

"and?"

"because you want this to be a place to relax and not worry about the overbearing responsibilities i have in my life?"

"good to know you understand. Put it away"

I sighed and followed the woman's orders, I turned it off but left on my comm, just in case.

The team was out on patrol right now, led by Kaldur who insisted I took a break for a bit.
Personally, I was extremely against that but once that boy makes up his mind it's hard to change.

"Where's mini you?" Helen leant forward onto the counter and looked around with curiosity.

I smiled, "out with my team."

She tilted her head, "shouldn't you be with them?"

"That's what I said but it appears they don't need me anymore"

"I'm sure they still do" she reassured, "I gotta help some other customers hun but I'll be back"

I nodded as she walked away and redirected my attention to the small television playing the Gotham City news.

A video of a current livestream played, showing Clayface fighting a group of teenage dumbasses.

My teenage dumbasses.

"HELEN I GOTTA GO" I shouted before quickly leaving some cash to pay for my meal. It was $25 but I only had a 50 so she'd have to keep the change.