𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐒𝐓

"it's been a long time since I've been me"

-Fernando pessoa

~~~

<third person pov>

The watchtower.

The Justice League's true headquarters.

It was rare they needed such serious meetings but this was important. This would determine the future of the League.

Superman, Wonder Woman, and Batman all stood at a ledge, watching as small birds flew around the garden below.

"Time's like these, one feels the very weight of the world upon us." Wonder Woman thought out-loud. The trio all heard footsteps and turned around to see Aquaman entering the room.

"Everyone is here" the king informed.

The four leaguers walked inside to find the Atlanteans statement to be true, the whole Justice League stood before them as all windows and doors shut closed.

"Our Agenda is clear" Aquaman said, "what's at stake should not be underestimated"

Superman took over, "the decisions we make today will reverberate for years to come."

"And influence whether or not the world continues to put their trust in the Justice League" Wonder woman added.

"Please take your seats. We have work to do" Batman wrapped up.

~ ~ ~

"Another expansion of the league could generate hostilities from our enemies" Martian Manhunter stated, "No one needs or wants another Injustice League"

"Point taken" the man of steel spoke up, "But the option remains to vote no on all candidates. So, I nominate Icon for league membership"

The heroes hologram appeared in front of everyone.

"Why? Because you suspect Icon might be Kryptonian like you did with Captain Marvel?" Green Arrow half joked, though he wanted to know if he was correct.

Caption Marvel looked confused, "you thought I was Kryptonian? Cool!" The little boy in him showed

"Icon interests me also" Wonder Woman agreeing, placing a hand of agreement on her super friends arms, "as does his protégé Rocket."

Icons spot was taken by his protégé,
"Athena knows the league could use more female members."

"Agreed" Said Black Canary
"Hear hear" changed Hawkwoman.

~ ~ ~

"I'm tired"

"No time for that, get up"

The teenage sidekick glared up at her biological great grandfather. Never once had she appreciated the favours she was doing for him, but what choice did she have other than to obey? After all he threatened to hurt the people she loved most.

Rory definitely felt slightly better after telling Roy. The archer of course never suspected her as a mole but knowing she was doing what she was to protect the team proved she was anything but.

It was thanksgiving, she should he with her brother or friends right now. Not training with an assassin.
Her brother Dick believed that she was with Wally, as did Bruce and Alfred along with anyone else who asked.