𝐈 𝐒𝐀𝐕𝐄 -D̶I̶C̶K̶- 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘 𝐁𝐘 𝐆𝐈𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐇𝐈𝐌 𝐂𝐏𝐑

"Two birds on a wire. One tries to fly away, and the other..."

-Regina Spector

~~~

       Listen, I'm not a hard girl to please. As much as I like training and working until my brain explodes, believe it or not I do enjoy sleeping.

What I don't like, is being woken up by someone climbing the side of my house, attempting to sneak into my window.

I groaned slightly as I sat up and glanced over at the glass, listening carefully I heard tapping on it, specifically to the beat of here comes the sun by the Beatles.

This would be a normal thing for me, but the only person who ever did that seemed to he ignoring the team and I right now.

Forcing myself out of bed, I got up begrudgingly and walked over to the window. I pushed aside my curtains and opened the glass to see Roy hanging there, in a completely new suit.

"New curtains" he whispered and I nodded.

"New suit."

"New codename too. Look if you're gonna be a little shit about this I'm leaving...but it's possible that I could use some assistance with a mission" Roy kept his voice low so no one in the manor would hear.

I nodded and moved aside so he could enter, as soon as he did both of my dogs woke but didn't bark. They new Roy and in fact, they really liked him.

"What do you need?" I spoke in a hushed tone as I quietly got out my suit.

"I just need to rescue this lady from the shadows. A getaway driver would be nice"

I didn't even think about what I was agreeing too until after I changed and it was already too late, as we were climbing out of my bedroom window.

We got into his car which was parked a few blocks away and began driving. It was quite other than the radio.

"Why me?" I asked genuinely, "why not Kaldur?"

"Kaldur would want to get the team involved, you probably do but I didn't ask for them so you seem to understand...and you're the only option who's snuck into the shadows without being caught"

"Right" I nodded, "you could've just said I was better then everyone"

"I will kick you out of this truck right now" He told me but he was laughing slightly. It was nice to see him happy for a bit.

"Nah you won't. So what's the new codename?"

He paused for a moment, "I'm thinking, Red Arrow."

~ ~ ~

I drove the boat which Roy rented up to the island. Right after we both got out, we covered it in a black tarp.

We began sneaking out way into the island and working out a plan.

"Split up. That way if one of us gets caught, the other isn't involved and can still complete the mission." He told me while he moved a branch out of my way.

I walked through the open space and nodded, "right...because if we get caught, we're screwed"

"Exactly"

I took a deep breath to relax myself. I had been on plenty of missions involving the shadows before so why was I worried?
Probably because if I messed up, Roy wouldn't bring me with him anymore.

We went our separate ways and I began to climb in through a vent, following a map I pulled up on my bracelet.

Once I reached the hallway outside of the Doctors room, I didn't think about if there would be assassins or not.