𝐂𝐎𝐎𝐊𝐈𝐄𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐀𝐂𝐒

"I'm your sister Dick, there's no getting rid of me. I'll be here to protect you, forever and always"

-Rory to Dick (a quote I never used)

~~~

        "It's scientifically impossible!" Maddie yelled.

"No it's not! Everything can be explained with science!" Wally shouted back from the other side of the kitchen island.

Maddie, Lucy, Wally and I had decided to hang out at Wayne manor out of pure boredom. I was happy to have some friends who could be around him.
Maddie was the first to meet him, after all she had been my best friend since I moved to Gotham.

Lucy and Dick sat down, watching the debate unfold.

"Maybe possible with magic, but not science"

Dick raised his hand as he spoke, "Wally doesn't believe in magic"

"Just stay out of it" I suggested, taking the cookies we all made out of the oven.

"How can you not believe in magic when people like Zatara exist?" Maddie questioned, not understanding why that was so funny. Maddie didn't know about our extracurricular activities.

"Because it can all be explained with science." He defended

"My families big on magic, but it's more spirits than anything. We have this one dragon mask and-"

"That's lovely Lucy. WALLY HOW THE F-"

"I'd appreciate it if you ended that conversation there" Alfred spoke, standing in the doorway, "and do watch your profanity Miss Wood"

"Sorry Alfred" the pair apologized as I handed them both a cookie.

"Apology accepted. Miss Jin is here to pick you both up."

"You're not staying on campus?" Wally asked Maddie.

Maddie and Jacksons family lived in Bludhaven, they had both been accepted into Gotham Academy but because of the distance they had decided to keep the siblings in dorm rooms for the time they were in school.

"I'm just staying with Lucy for a bit, for Halloween and all" she explained and he nodded understanding. It was funny how they went from fighting one second to close friends the next.

I quickly put some cookies in a container for them to take before we said our goodbyes, Alfred stopping to talk to Lucys mother for a few minutes before we watched them leave.

Once it was just Dick, Wally, and I, we were free to talk about the team.

"Do you guys wanna go to the mountain with me?" Dick asked, "I want to do some training"

Wally nodded smiling, "obviously"

They both turned to me, I shook my head no.

"Ballet, then patrol" I stated.

"We could come with?" Wally offered.

I shook my head again, "it's alright, you two go and I'll meet you there"

~ ~ ~

You know, when your older sister, girlfriend AND team leader tell you to do something. You should probably do it.

I was doing my rounds in my patrol area when an explosion went off in the distance around Dicks area. I sighed and started up my bike, driving over as fast as I could.

A crowed formed around the building before I pulled up. The cops hadn't arrived yet so it was all on me. Half of the building has crumbled while the other barley stayed together. Flames surrounded and filled the structure.