𝐅𝐔𝐍 𝐅𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐘: 𝐒𝐔𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐁𝐎𝐘 𝐃𝐎𝐄𝐒𝐍'𝐓 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐊𝐄𝐘𝐒

"I'm just a girl in the world, that's all that you'll let me be"

-No Doubt

~~~

       The mountain was mostly quiet as I stood with my brother, watching as Kaldur and Wally played a competitive game of holographic air hockey.

We all watched as the redhead somehow got a goal past a now stunned Kaldur. Looking up at the speedster all we saw was him opening a banana.

"Recognized. Superboy: B-0-4"

I glanced at the entrance to see a very angry looking Superboy storming in.

"Hi Superboy" Meg greeted, but he walked right through the game table. "How was metropolis?" She tried again but he still ignored her.

Someone cleared their throat and a certain Canary's voice filled the room. "Ready for training everyone?"

M'gann and I both smiled and rushed over as Dinah and Martian Manhunter entered the room.

I looked up at the woman who had acted as my mother all these years, stepping in whenever Bruce couldn't. She was also legally Dick and I's godmother. If anything ever happens to Bruce or Alfred while we're minors, we'd go to her.

"Dinah!" I cheered running over.

"Hey Kid" the blonde greeted, "how is everything?"

I shrugged "it's ok. I got a cool scar come in on patrol a few days ago" She smiled at my reply and gave a nod "attagirl" We both looked at Superboy who was exciting the room.

"Stick around, class is in session" Dinah called before walking into the centre of the training room. The tiles lit up.

"I consider it an honour to be your teacher. I'll throw a lot at you, just ask Dove, everything I learnt from my own mentors." she slipped off her jacket revealing a few bandages on her arm as she grunted slightly with pain. "And from my own bruises"

"What happened?" M'gann questioned with curiosity and worry.

"The job" Black Canary told her. "Now." She threw her jacket off to the side. "Combat is about controlling conflict, putting the battle on your terms. You should always be acting, never reacting. I'll need a sparring partner"

She looked directly at me and I nodded, taking my skirt off. Our costumes were fairly similar, I had gotten a lot of inspiration from hers and her fighting style.  I stepped forward and took a deep breath getting prepared.

I nodded and got into a ready stance. She smirked and did the same. I knew she was going to throw the first punch so I quickly flipped over her, kicking her back as I landed. She stumbled forward a bit but didn't fall.

I would have utilized my surroundings but there wasn't anything which made this difficult.

Dinah went for a punch but I quickly blocked it, grabbing her arm and flipping her onto the ground. She took her leg and tripped me with it but I did a summersault to save myself. I turned around to see her looking at me from her spot on the ground. The red circle surrounding her.

"Black Canary. Status: Fail." The screen read. My jaw dropped and I looked at the others.

"HOLY SHIT DID YOU SEE-"
My feet were swept under me and I slammed onto the ground.

"Dove. Status: Fail" The red circle around me now said. I let out a groan "..that" I finished.

Canary held out her hand and helped me up. "You've improved. Good work. Why don't we have someone who hasn't trained with me before volunteer now?"