𝐒𝐍𝐎𝐖𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐒

"from now on, our troubles will be out of sight"

-Frank Sinatra

~~~

"How could she do that?"

"I don't know"

"You trusted her"

"I know"

"And she just turned her back"

"We all make mistakes"

"Yeah well that was a pretty big one. The only person it benefited was her"

"I noticed"

"It was a stupid idea, a stupid thing to go through with, and you got hurt"

"Nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit"

Wally stopped pacing my room at the mountain and looked at me in confusion, "what was that?"

"Latin" I stated simply, "'no man is wise at all hours' is the translation, I believe"

"...so?"

"Soooo" I continued, sitting up straight. "She messed up, we all have. You know the two of us aren't ones to talk, neither is the rest of the team. Give her a break"

He ran a hand through his red hair and sat on the end of my bed across from my desk where I sat in a chair.

"Besides, it's been a week. I'm mostly over it, it doesn't matter anymore"

There was a quiet knock on the door, I walked over and opened it to see Artemis standing there, one arm holding the others elbow as it slumped. She did her best to avoid eye contact but made it every once in a while.

"...can we talk please?" She asked quietly, I nodded.

"Yeah"
"No" Wally spoke at the same time as me.

"You sir," I turned around, looking at Wally, "don't get to make that choice for me. Please leave"

He didn't react for a second, looking at Artemis then back at me before nodding and walking out. I let the girl in further and I took a seat on my bed, she stayed standing awkwardly.

"You can sit ya know, you're not exactly a stranger"

She nodded and sat across from me before sighing.

"I'm really, really sorry Dove...I just.." she stopped.

"You can be honest" I informed gently taking one her hands in mine, "Nothing leaves this room"

"Not even to Robin or Wally?"

"Not even to Robin or Wally, I swear"

She took a deep breath and nodded.

"It's just that...I think I was really intimidated by Roy. He knows a secret of mine and he's not exactly the most welcoming person. So when he joined, I felt the need to prove myself incase he let it out so you guys wouldn't hate me"

"He would never actually tell anyone don't worry. And for the record I would never hate you for having secrets, we all do"

"How can you be sure? You don't even know what it is" she stated, looking up at me before a look of realization, "oh my god, you do know"

I smiled sheepishly and nodded.

"How long?" The archer questioned, in shock.

"The first time I met you, at the highschool. I had stopped one of your dads trade deals before and recognized you from there"