𝐊𝐈𝐃𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐎𝐒

"I don't know what to do without you"

-Mitski

~~~

       I started to help M'gann and Conner unload the ship which was full of boxes.The three of us had gone out shopping and it was actually pretty fun.

I convinced Conner to push me around in a cart for a while before we switched. When he wasn't being all angry on missions he was actually a pretty nice guy who cares about his friends very much.

"Did you get everything?" Batman asked as he and the team stood near the ships exit.

"Everything on your list Batman" M'gann told him happily, "plus groceries"

I put down a few boxes and Wally ran over, "cookie fixings?" He asked.
I just smiled at his child like excitement, "snicker-doodles"

"Babe, you rock my world" he told me and I laughed, "it's just cookies Wally"

"Yeah but they're GOOD cookies." The speedster explained, I nodded pretending to understand.

"Oh you never told me. How'd things go once you left?"

"Surprisingly well...almost had to get 'the talk', I'm glad I didn't"

He smiled, "glad you didn't? I think that would have been perfect timing. I mean you were so cheery and delightful"

I raised an eyebrow at him and he stopped, giving me a side hug.

"I get my cast off soon" He told me, I nodded and went to grab a bigger box. I had gotten the ok to leave my leg without bandages just before Halloween, all that was there now was a scar.

"Then I can actually do things" he continued, "like help you when carrying boxes that will probably get yourself hurt"

I paused before continuing to put the box down, ignoring his comment.

"I'm fine. Besides-"

There was a loud crash and we all looked over. Where Batman and Zatara previously stood there was nothing but the box one of them carried which had slammed onto the ground.

"DAD!" Zatanna shouted.

~ ~ ~

Artemis helped me drag out some gymnastics matts and chairs for people to sit in.

I had made a run to a local toy store and managed to get some toys to distract the kids with. We also grabbed blankets and other things anyone may need.

Children of all ages started to file inside, we helped them get as comfortable as possible. The younger ones sat on one mattress in-front of Artemis.

Wally and Conner were outside collecting kids right now.

"Heyyy" I heard Wally speak over the comm, "Dove I need you"

I looked at Artemis who nodded as if to say 'you're all good'. I smiled and walked outside.

"Ok KF, where am I goi-"

The computer in my mask beeped and some coordinates showed up. It was only down the block so I ran, following the map which led me to a pretty blue house.