𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐊𝐈𝐃𝐒 𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐀𝐋𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

"I need to purge my urges, shame shame shame."

-Vundabar

~~~

"Gotham City.

It's probably the worst place I could think of to raise a child.

Crime rates rise every month to the point where it's odd to not hear about at least three major crimes a day.

An extremely large amount of thought is put into the every day process of being a vigilante, and with a place like Gotham you need a system.

We all have our sections of the city known as our area of patrol, along with times. Being the older sibling I was naturally trusted with more space and time which I don't mind.

Another part of the process is waiting. Lots of waiting.

The moment that signal turns on is the moment you feel a change in your mind. It's like a switch.
When criminals see it they know we're out there, they know we're waiting, and they fear us.

They fear how inhumane we can really be to the point where some don't even think we are human.

But we are, and like all people we have a goal we try to reach.

Something we crave,

Something we need,

Justice"

I cut off myself with a cough due to my throat hurting from the low voice I mimicked as Dick laughed through the comms.

"Nonono" He said, clearly his throat to make it low "Justice"

We both exploded into fits of laughter as we patrolled our separate regions. I slowed my own down as I spotted a young boy walking along my himself, he couldn't have been older than eleven.

"Be right back" I told Robin before hoping down near the kid.

"You alright there?" I asked. The boy whipped around and I noticed a large bruise on his cheek. The more I looked the more wounds I spotted.

Though in pain, he smiled and nodded.

"Mhmmm thanks"

I didn't want to leave him alone, poor thing looked like he hadn't eaten much. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"How about we go and get you some ice? Maybe something warm to wear and food?" I offered, the boy thought about it for a while before saying yes.

I held out my hand and it took a while but he did take it. Hand in hand we walked down the roads of Gotham.

"You don't need to say" I started, "but wanna tell me what happened?"

"I got in a fight at school" he informed. I took a look at his body language, he was lying but he was good at it.

"Where do you live?"

"I'm not supposed to tell strangers"

"Right" I thought, "can't blame you for that"

I turned the corner to head in the direction of the GCPD but the boy stopped. I turned to him confused.

"Not there." He stated, I nodded and started walking in a different direction to a nearby dinner. The same one Dick and I often sat at together.

"Here" I lead him to a booth and pointed to the menu, "get anything you want. On me"

His eyes widened and he smiled, "really?!"