𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐈𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐘 𝐑𝐄𝐔𝐍𝐈𝐎𝐍

"forgiving who you are, for what you stand to gain. just know that if you hide, it doesn't go away"

-MGMT

~~~

"Miss Grayson had been spotted earlier this morning with a boy who most sources have identified as Wally West, the nephew of Iris West who is a popular news reporter in Central City. How the young pair met is still unknown but what most people want to know is Billionaire Playboy Bruce Waynes reaction to his only daughter..."

"Ugh" I groaned, staring at myself in my mirror. I wore a long red satin dress with an open back as Dinah did my hair from behind. "We weren't even public for 24 hours and they've already tracked him down"

"People tend to do that when famous people get in relationships. They bud into their business"

"It's tiring...are you almost done?" I asked.

"Yeah, you just have a lot of hair...like A LOT. How do you even take care of it?"

"Time" I stated simply, she nodded and finished. Dinah herself was wearing a black velvet with a slit on both sides.

"There you go" she adjusted the complicated bun and stepped back, "ready to go?"

I nodded and smiled at her. We walked out of the room together.

Dinahs partner who was supposed to perform at Bruces Christmas Gala with her bailed last minute, she needed someone who could sing and play piano. Since I could do both I volunteered.

I walked onto the stage and just like that, it begun.

~ ~ ~

After a few hours performing a new band took over. I was finally able to socialize.

I looked around the ballroom and spotted Wally standing with Dick and walked over, ignoring paparazzi and their questions.

"You dressed up" I smiled, looking at Wally. He smiled proudly and nodded.

"I did" he stated in reply.

"Well you look lovely" I compliment him before turning to Dick, "you too". Both of them smiled proudly in return.

"Care to dance, m'lady?" The red head asked in a British accent, bowing and putting his hand out.

I curtseyed in return and took it, "why yes I would"

Holding hands we walked over to the dance floor together. He placed his open hand on my waist, properly this time, and I rested mine on his shoulder.

As we danced together, I noticed he wasn't messing up at all.

"...you practiced?" I questioned.

"I told you I'm a fast learner" he bragged before pausing and nodded, "yeah. I asked Barry and Iris for help"

"Aww" I rested my head on his shoulder but due to the height difference it was against his collarbone. I sigh of relief washed over me, "this is nice...not having to hide it anymore, I mean"

I felt him nod, "yeah it is"

Staying where I was in my peripheral vision I swear I saw an owl mask.

God Damn it. Not here. Not now.

I picked up my head and looked around to see grandfather dressed in a suit staring at me. He held a cane and once he knew I saw him, walked into another room.

"Hey, I'm just gonna go to the washroom, ok?" I looked up at Wally, "gotta fix my makeup"

He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, "i think it looks pretty"

"Just wait with Dick ok? Don't leave him or Zee out of your sight when I'm gone" I pulled away and pointed to the pair who were talking.

"What? But-"

"Please? I promise I'll be right back. I just don't want it to go bad between them"

He nodded in understanding and I walked off, my heels clicking as I did so. Once I walked down the hallway and I knew no one was around, I picked up the pace.

Anger started to flow my body more and more as I nearer the room I knew he was inside. How dare he? Blackmail me then ruin the only moments I had to myself, the ones I actually enjoyed.

It was stupid of my to ever trust him, to think that he was right about what he said about the others. About how he cared.

He was only on it for himself.

Selfish.

I stormed into the room where he stood.

"Ah, my dear! Lovely performance might I say?"

I got up into his face and slapped him hard.

"How dare you?" I asked, my accent seeping through my words as the anger worsened.

"You're gonna re-"

"What? Regret that? What are you gonna do? Send a little army after everyone and thing I ever loved?
No you won't.
You know the second you do that, it's over and I won't be working with you anymore because of that.
I've let you control me for months now. I've been stuck playing your stupid little game because I was actually dumb enough to think that you cared"

His joyful expression turned into pure anger, "don't you dare turn me into the bad guy."

"HA! See there it is again! I'm so fucking done with you controlling me like this, ok? I'm done with the manipulation, I'm done with the lies, I'm done with your shit. I've lost so much of my time I should've spent with family, worrying over your dumb missions. Not anymore. I'm in control now.
Fuck you"

That really seemed to piss him off, if steam could've poured out of his ears like in the cartoons it would've.

I knew his plan was to hurt me so I did the smart thing, I ran.

And of course, like a cat and mouse, he chased.

I ran down the hallway, which was impressive given the shoes I was wearing, and got to the end just by the entrance to the ballroom.

At the end of the wall he finally caught up and grabbed my neck, lifting me up against it.
I felt the air leave my body but still smirked.

"You messed up" I told him.

"HEY!" Shouted a security guard, catching the attention of most of the guests as a group of them ran over.

"Go to Santa Prisca when I tell you to. We have your friends Lucy and Madeleine. You'll know when to, and if you don't...lets just say things won't go well for them"

I continued to struggle but kept his words in mind. The guards tackled him and I stepped away from the fight, Bruce, Wally, Dick, Zee, Dinah, and Oliver were all running over as well to make sure I was ok.

I reassured them that I was fine and looked at Talon one last time over my back.

Call it a gut feeling, but something told me he wasn't bluffing.

I shook the feeling off. I couldn't make a move now, it would just result in my friends getting hurt. So I had to fake being ok.

I turned to Wally, a false smile across my face, "how about that dance?"

~ ~ ~