𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐅𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐒

"she can kill with a smile, she can wound with her eyes and she can ruin your faith with her casual lies. and she only reveals what she wants you to see, she hides like a child but she's always a woman to me"

-Billy Joel

~~~

"...what?"

I stood before the league in shock. I could've believe this was happening right now.

There were so many good reasons I should say yes and say no. But I had to make this choice now.

I was already stressed out. Lucy and Maddie haven't answered any of my calls or texts, apparently neither have their families, so I knew for a fact Talon wasn't bluffing. He had my friends and if I didn't go tonight like I've been told, I don't think I'd see them again.

Saying yes might make getting there a lot easier.

"We're offering you a spot on the Justice League." Bruce repeated.

I looked around the room of adults who waited patiently.

"Why me?"

"Because we trust you" Diana spoke up, "You've been doing this longer than any of your team, and you've done it well. You've proved yourself ready"

I thought about it for a moment. It was so sudden.

My mind wandered back to my own team as I tilted my head down. Dick, Wally, Artemis, M'gann, Conner, Kaldur, Zatanna. I couldn't just leave them, not after I finally felt fully connected with them.

"I'm sorry...but no" I looked back up confidently.

"No?" Bruce repeated in shock.

"My team needs me, and I need them. They'll understand things you guys won't. Maybe I'll take up your offer another day, but for now...no"

Diana smiled and nodded, "we respect your decision. I'm glad you're doing what you feel is best. Please go back to the Library, the rest of your team should be there now"

With one last nod I exited the room and adjusted my glasses, thinking about the opportunity I had just turned down.

~ ~ ~

Entering the library I saw the others already there. I took a seat on the armrest of the chair Wally sat on.

"What did they want?" Artemis asked curiously. Rightfully so, they did just take me out randomly.

I didn't want to make them feel bad, but I didn't want to lie. So I told the truth.

"They asked if I wanted to join the league" I said, still in a bit of shock myself.

The others looked equally if not more surprised then I was.

"And?" Kaldur questioned.

"I said no" I told them simply, "when you guys are invited, maybe I'll join...but for now, I'm sticking with this team"

"Oh thank god" Wally sighed in relief from beside me. I smiled and held his hand.

The main door made a beeping sound, signalling that someone was about to enter, I stood to greet them.

"Team. You have a new member" Batman walked in with a dark-skinned girl who rocked a pixie cut, "this is Rocket"

"It's so cool to actually finally meet you all" she said happily, "you can call me Raquel though."

I smiled and walked forward to shake her hand, she looked at it confused.

"Wow, y'all are real serious here, huh?"