𝐇𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐍

"I wonder how I managed to end up in this place where I couldn't get away"

-Tame Impala

~~~

       Running across Gotham rooftops was something I enjoyed more than anything.

I loved the wind in my hair, the freedom I felt when jumping, the occasional cheer from a bedroom window.

Most importantly, I loved the thrill of the chase.

I don't know who I was chasing right now, some dude in a dark suit with a gold mask and silver weapons, resembling and owl.

Not to mention I had just watched him brutally murder five men.

The man ran into a construction site, a building about half finished. I ran after him all the way to the stop when finally, he stopped.

"Oh no, you've got me" he said seriously with a hint of sarcasm. He turned to me with a smile, "well actually, I've got you."

I looked at him in confusion as from behind a pile of wood he took out a brief case and placed it in-front of me.

"I've been watching you for a while Lorelei"

I stared into a mask playing poker face but it was hard to tell if he was pulling my leg or not.

"Well....we"

On cue, people in fancy attire and white owl like masks entered the room, surrounding us.

"You've got skill. You're definitely a strong fighter...which is why I want you to join us."
He opened the case and inside was an elegant silk blue dress and white mask, only this one had gold detailing making it stand out slightly from the others.

"Why would I do that?" I looked up at the man, not understanding why a random stranger would ask me this.

"Oh, has dear old fatherly Batman never mentioned us to you?" He asked mockingly, "it's almost like he doesn't trust you enough with the information."

I knew he was wrong, Bruce had to have had a good reason to not tell me..right?

"We call ourselves the court of owls, child. Though I go by Talon as I'm superior to these.." he looked at the people in white masks, "others" The man avoided being rude.

"Join us and lead them beside me. You'd have more power then you've ever had before, they won't even think to forget you. Imagine how proud Bruce would be if he found out you'd made it that far" Talon whispered.

"Beside you? If this is a green card thing, I think there's other ways to handle it" I told him but he just shook his head.

"No no no darling. You and I we have...a bond. Blood bond to be specific"

My eyebrows furrow in confusion as he continued.

"My name, is William Cobb."

William Cobb. I had heard stories of him from my father, from what I was told (and could remember) he was my great grandfather..

"That's impossible." I stated, "there's no way William Cobb is alive"

"Well we all have our secrets child." He smirked, "including you. Wouldn't it be a shame if your little teammates found out about you being related to me? Even being in contact with me?"

I thought about it for a moment and looked around, he had me trapped.

"And risking their safety as well?" Talon asked before pulling up a holographic screen which had a live recording of someone's house.