𝐃𝐎𝐍𝐓 𝐓𝐑𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐀𝐓 𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐄

"its our time to make a move, its our time to make amends, it's our time to break the rules, lets begin."

-X Ambassadors

~~~

Every story has a beginning, mine just happens to start with a snow filled July 4th.

"Enjoying family time?" I heard freeze say from the park below my brother and I.

I was kneeling on top of a nearby building, my brother was doing the same on the one across from me.

"My family has other plans" he said again before taking aim again at more citizens. I threw a batarang throwing off his aim.

"Ah batman, I was wondering when you-"

I jumped down and walked up behind the ice villain, "sorry to disappoint"

He turned around just in time to hear Dicks laughter echo, which was impressive given the open space, and see him land beside me.

"Oh, it's you" I raised an eyebrow at his remark, "The bat sent you to drag me off to prison? Frankly I'm underwhelmed." He aimed the gun at us. I held in all panic but placed my hand over my taser.

"keep stalling, I've almost got him where I need" The deep voice in our comms directed.

"Great but we're kinda in a hurry here" Robin told him.

"Kids" Freeze said with annoyance, "always in such a rush"

I rolled my eyes and looked back at Freeze "he's not talking to you."

Freeze looked at us confused as we looked up behind him, when he finally turned around he was greeted with a not so happy batman hitting a flying punch at his face, fully breaking the glass of the helmet.

The police were called and I looked to my younger counterpart "let's get a move on."

He smirked and walked with me.

As we reached the bat-mobile I looked back at freeze getting put in a truck heading to Belle Reve. "I've gotta say, I'm a bit sad he didn't seem to enjoy that it was us, we're the way better option."

"That we are" my brother affirmed "if I was in his shoes I much rather get beat up by us then B"

"Right?" I asked as I opened the batmobile door, pushing back the passenger seat so my brother could hop in.

Just before climbing in my brother stopped and looked at my face. He frowned grabbing my head to pull it closer to his height.

"Whoa, ok, hello?" I said very confused

"You have a piece of glass in your head" he stated "you're bleeding"

"Oh"

"Let's go" he started to drag me off to the ambulance there.

"Rob, I'm fine really. The ambulance is there for citizens that got hurt, not us"

"No" he snapped back "they're here for people here who got hurt, that is you, you are people." He continued to walk me over "besides if i was hurt-"