𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐈𝐒 𝐖𝐇𝐘 𝐈 𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐈𝐒𝐒𝐔𝐄𝐒

"I'm so sick of running as fast as I can. Wondering if I'd get there quicker if I was a man"

-Taylor Swift

~~~

       I fought besides Aqualad, Kidflash, Robin and Speedy and we took down Brick, technically it was Roys mission but we needed to get his attention...this was the best way.

I jumped down after the fight and looked at the chemical from the arrow speedy had fired at Brick.

"High density polyurethane foam" I said looking at Wally who was as interested as I was

"nice" he said to Roy.

"so speedy, you in?" My brother asked as Roy walked by him.

Roy stopped and looked at us "Pass. I'm done letting Arrow and the league tell me what to do. I don't need a babysitter or clubhouse to hang out with the other kids. Your junior league is a joke." Aqualad stood up straighter and stared at Roy in shock.

"it's something to put you in your place and I don't want any part in it" the four of us couldn't do anything but watch our friend whom we looked up to insult us and disappear. I looked at the others upset but also in shock.

were we really a joke...?

~~~

I sat in a tree near the entrance of the mountain reading a book, specifically little women. Recently I had started to read the classics for fun and I really enjoy them. Bruce didn't mind helping me find some new books once I finished. He had let me have some of his mother old ones, which I was extremely grateful for. She had annotated most of them which made it better to read in my opinion.

My brother and Wally were supposed to be coming soon, the others had just called red tornado and he would be arriving any time now.

I listened as the door opened and the others ran out, I jumped down joining them right as red tornado landed.

"Red Tornado!" Wally called as he landed.

"greetings" he began "is there a reason you intercept me outside of the cave?"

"We hoped you had a mission for us" Aqualad answered hopefully

"Mission assignments are the batmans responsibility." The robot stated.

"But it's been over a week and-" my brother was cut off

"you'll be tested soon enough. For the time being simply enjoy each other's company"

"this isn't a social club" Aqualad stated.

"no, but I'm told social interaction is an important team building exercise. Perhaps you could keep busy by getting familiar with the cave" and with that I watched as the robot went inside.

" "keep busy" " Wally said scoffing.

"Does he really think we're falling for this?!" Dick said getting upset.

"miss M, can't you read minds?" I asked curiously

she nodded "I'll find out!" After a small silence she looked back at the group "I'm sorry, i forgot he's a machine. Inorganic. I can't read his mind"

"nice try though" Wally reassured her before putting his arm around my shoulder and looking at me "so, uh, you know what I'm thinking right now?" He said smirking. I raised an eyebrow about to answer but my brother butted in.

"we all know what you're thinking." He sneered smacking the back of his head

"ow!" Wally shouted.

I sighed "and now we tour the clubhouse"