Prologue

Long ago, two races ruled over the Earth: Humans and Monsters. One day war broke out between the two races. After a long battle, the humans were victorious. They sealed the monsters underground with a magic spell.

Many years later... Mt. Ebbot: year 23XX

Legends say those who climb the mountain never return.

Here we see our main protagonist, Izuku Midorya, being chased by his childhood bully: Katsuki Bakugou. He ends up climbing Mt. Ebbot in hopes of escaping and takes refuge in a cave. While wandering the dark cave for a hiding spot, he fails to see the giant hole... and he falls.

~~~Flashback~~~

(Narrator POV)

Quirks make up 80% of the population. Those with 'strong' quirks are said to be 'heroic'. Those with 'weak' or 'villainous' quirks are discouraged and looked down upon. Then there are the 20% that are quirkless. The majority of these people are all old and are slowly going extinct. Now we focus on a young boy with dreams to be a hero.

Izuku was jumping on his mother's bed. "Mom! Mom, wake up! Today's the day!" he said excitedly. "Okay. Okay, I'm up. *yawn*" Inko groaned, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes. Izuku jumped around the house beaming with energy. "Mom the video!" He said, bolting up to his All Might-themed room.

(This ^^)

~~~Timeskip brought to you by baby Izuku in an All Might onesie~~~

It was time to go to the doctor and Izuku was ecstatic. Everyone in his class had already gotten their quirks, and now it was time to find out what his was! As they drove, Izuku started singing a song he heard in class one day.

(Song at the top)

"Every good rhyme starts with 'Once Upon A Time'" he sang kicking his legs.

"Long ago, far away, centuries before our day.

Humans lived, monsters roamed.

Both shared Earth and sky as home.

Yet this peace came undone.

War was waged and humans won!

Forced below, monsters fell.

Humans trapped them with a spell.

"Listen children to my words.

Ebbot will eat you, beware the curse!

Monster teeth go clack, clack, clack...

If you climb the mountain you won't come back."

Human child, human child, won't turn around.

Human child, human child - oops they fell down!

Human child, human child, look out below!

Down underground where the monsters go.

Oops, dropped your heart, be careful in the dark.

Someone might take it, break it apart.

Trouble on the left...

Trouble on the right...

Will you SPARE them, run, or FIGHT?

Oops, dropped your heart, be careful in the dark.

Someone might take it, break it apart.

Trouble on the left...

Trouble on the right...

Will you SPARE them, run, or FIGHT?"

Needless to say, Inko was wondering where he learned that horrifying song.

---------------------------------

"Sorry, kid, not gonna happen." the doctor in front of them said.

And just like that, all of his hopes and dreams were shattered. Kacchan, his 'best friend' betrayed him as soon as he heard about Izuku's quirlessness.

---------------------------------

~~~Present~~~

And now we return to the fallen child.

"urgh..." Izuku groaned in pain. How was he even alive? Surely that fall would've killed him. He looked under him to see a giant patch of yellow flowers that seemed to have broken his fall. Oh.

Suddenly he heard a voice coming out of the darkness. "Hello?" It sounded like a child. The child's footsteps inched closer. "It sounds like it came from over here..." the voice said. "Oh, you've fallen down, haven't you... Are you okay? Here get up." Izuku tried to get up but he ended up falling down again. His body was in so much pain that he didn't even notice that he had been picked up. "What's your name?" they asked. With a groan of pain, Izuku managed to mutter his name. "Izuku? That's a nice name," the child said. "My name is,

Asriel."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(And that's the first chapter! I spent most of my time drawing the cover lol. Anyway, thanks for reading and I'll be posting soon! Let me know of anything I should add, including ships.)