Practical Exam: Part 2

(Going for two chapters. Been writing on my Nightcore playlist and decided to put one of my favorites on loop for the next two hours. I've been really inspired lately. My commission caused a sudden itch to draw, and now I have an itch to write. This is fun.)

-----------------------------------------------------

(Narrator POV)

The next fight came up and it was team Asui and Tokoyami. They stood in the middle of the exam site waiting for the match to be announced. No sooner than it had, multiple clones had appeared around the two and they surrounded. A few seconds later and they charged. In three seconds, Tokoyami had thrown Asui to the next floor and as soon as she landed on the wall of the coliseum she picked him up and dragged him up with her. It amazed their small audience to no end how well they pulled that off.

"That's Tokoyami-kun and Tsuyu-san for you! They're amazing!" Izuku nodded, a hand placed on his chin in thought. "Only they could pull off something like that," he said. "Communication skills," Recovery Girl piped in, finally returning from healing the injured contestants. "In this society, it's an important skill to have for heroes to have. More than being able to pull off the perfect team play with a specific sidekick, it's better to be able to achieve a certain standard with everyone," she continued, once again returning her attention to the fight.

Izuku thought about her words, trying to see what she meant. Watching the fight, he realized something. While Tokoyami did a good job of long-range attacks, he never once let his enemy get close. Asui was an amazing fighter and an excellent student. She showed little to no clear signs of weakness. She always appeared calm and collected at all times, allowing emotional support in tough situations; like the USJ. She covered Tokoyami's back when a clone got too close for his liking and played the perfect support to Tokoyami's main weakness.

"He can't fight in close combat. He's so used to relying on his quirk that he never counted on his enemies getting close enough to harm him. He thinks that his powerful quirk makes up for his lack of skill. This matchup was made specifically for him," Izuku thought aloud. "Correct. I'm glad you picked up on that. You are just as perceptive as Professor Gaster said you were," she praised. Uraraka was looking at Izuku with stars in her eyes, but Izuku was gritting his teeth. They thought he was thinking hard about something, but in reality, he was fuming. The thought of Tokoyami having this much unearned confidence was infuriating. He didn't have even a fraction of the training it took to be this confident! And all because of his quirk? Izuku was disappointed in his class, to say the least.

Regardless, he watched as the two ran around the building defeating clone after clone until they finally reached the exit. Standing at the gate, however, was the real Ectoplasm. To both the contestant's surprise and their own, Ectoplasm sent out his final attack: a giant clone of himself, bigger than any other. And despite trying to dodge the attack, they were still captured. However, that didn't seem to stop the fight. Tokoyami sent out Dark Shadow to try to make it out of the gate, but it was blocked and forced to fight. It was then that Izuku noticed Asui doing something. Nobody else seemed to notice her actions, so he kept quiet and watched as the frog girl propelled the handcuffs out of her mouth. 'She swallowed the cuffs in the case that they would get captured. But to retrieve them, she had to eject them out of her stomach... Ew.'

Dark Shadow retreated to Asui and stealthily grabbed the cuffs in one hand and returned to the battle swinging that arm, tricking the hero into believing that it was coming in for an attack. The dark creature was pushed back with a powerful kick and knocked out, only to reveal what its final attack truly was. "He's been handcuffed!" Uraraka cheered. Izuku nodded in response. "Dark Shadow and Frog. They used their quirks very well together," Izuku agreed. "Team Asui and Tokoyami have passed!" The voice announced. Izuku might not have liked Tokoyami's confidence, but the raven-headed teen had proved his communication skills if nothing else. So he couldn't be too harsh on someone so cooperative.