Stay?

(Asriel POV)

"I'm going outside to play mom!" I shouted, already out the door. "Be careful!" she shouted back. I walked through the purple halls of the underground, solving all the puzzles and having friendly chats with the other monsters. Suddenly, I hear a loud thud and a small whine of pain. Worried about whoever was hurt, I ran to where I heard the noise. I arrived at a giant patch of buttercups. Lying in the middle was a human child. Wild green fluffy hair curled in every direction, red shoes one size too big, a green short-sleeved shirt, and blue shorts that stopped just above their knees.

"Oh, you've fallen down haven't you? Here, get up..." The human tried to stand but fell back down, so I carried him on my shoulder the whole way home. On the way there, I learned that the human's name was Izuku. What a nice name. Upon arriving back home, I noticed that there was a small amount of blood running down his forehead. "Mom! Dad!" I called out, "I found a human, they fell." I said a lot calmer now that they were here.

Mom healed Izuku from his wounds and he looked a lot more aware. I'm just glad he's not in pain anymore. As soon as mom took him inside, Dad started lecturing me about not being careful even though mom told me to. But his scolding soon turned into praise as he complimented my kindness in caring for Izuku.

After the conversation was over, dad and I went inside to find Izuku sitting at the table. The moment we sat down, he started rambling about "quirks" and "healing", none of it seemed to make any sense. Luckily, dad stopped him before it could get any worse. I didn't know what a quirk was but it sounded like a cool human thing, I don't think he'd mind if I asked. "What's a quirk?" And wow, I did NOT expect the reaction he gave. He looked at me with a face of shock. I felt like I offended him in some way. "How do you not know what a quirk is?! Everyone knows what that is!" he shouted.

Dad explained about the monsters being underground and not getting much information on the surfaces' events. He gave a look of awe, sadness, and a small flicker of fear, but nodded in understanding. Izuku tells us that quirks are basically superpowers that humans developed one day, and used "Kachan" as an example. They sounded amazing! It's like their own personal magic that nobody can copy! "But I thought humans couldn't use magic." That kinda makes me wonder... "What kind of quirk do you have, Izuku?"

I instantly regret asking that. "I-I don't... have one. I'm quirkless," he says, looking at the floor. He looks like he's expecting to be hit. "Is that why you climbed the mountain?" His head snapped up in surprise, he was crying. What he said next broke my heart. "Y-you don't h-hate me? B-but e-everyone ha-hates me," How could anyone hate him?! I may have only known for an hour(?) but I knew that he wasn't a bad person. He needs a hug. So that's exactly what I did. I leaped out of my seat and bolted over to tackle him in a hug. "Of course not! Why would I?" There is no possible way anyone could hate a sweet kid like him!

He started crying again and told us why he climbed the mountain. Unfortunately, Mom walked in right when he started talking so she heard it too. We were all crying by the end of his tale. I didn't know humans would turn on their own kind for such a stupid reason. And for this to happen to someone so kind and forgiving is a crime in itself! He doesn't deserve this pain. I'll protect him from now on. And I can start with...

"Hey, how about you stay here with us?"

And so, we became a family. I have a new big brother, and I couldn't be happier.

----------------------------------------------------------

(And that's the third chapter. Two in one day, WOO! I'll update soon. In the meantime, make sure to check out the Author's Note on the previous chapter if you want to vote on ships! Thanks for reading!)