Gaster's Analysis

(This chapter is kind of a mix between Izuku's life in the Underground and a rundown of his abilities. I wanted to make it a bit more fun than a simple list of things he can do.

Hope you all enjoy it!)

----------------------------------------------------------

[Entry #1]

It's been a week since the Dreemur's adopted that human into their home. The child has settled in nicely. 'Izuku', as he calls himself, has begun to take an interest in magic. He is quite the clever child, and far more intelligent than an average child his age would usually be, especially when it comes to analysis. I wonder if he would be willing to join me in the lab to learn a few things. Perhaps I could even test his affinity for SOUL magic. If he is capable of using human magic, then this human might just be our ticket to freedom.

                                 . . .

[Entry #2]

I have been invited to meet the human child, my two sons were asked to join for a "playdate". The king and queen wanted their two children to meet other monsters their age. As I talked with the King and Queen about the child's development, I was informed that the human - "Izuku" - has developed an interest in magic and wishes to learn it. I recommended they teach him the different types of SOUL magic so he could understand the concept of color magic. The meeting had turned into a visit when we had decided on a lesson plan for the two young princes.

I had noticed that during our conversation, Asriel was the shy one while Izuku was the bold one, contrary to the claims of the King and Queen. When Sans had approached the boys, Asriel had run to Izuku to take them back inside but Izuku had told him that he would take care of it. Izuku acted as a sort of shield for Asriel, as if Sans was a threat. He stood in front of Asriel as if he was facing a bully and preparing to fight. Sans had assured that he wasn't going to hurt them, but Izuku didn't back down until Papyrus had jumped into the conversation with his bright smile and bubbly personality. Upon seeing Papyrus' kindness, Izuku relaxed and chose to trust their MERCY, though he still acted as a mediator for Asriel to make his brother feel safe with a brave face, even though it was clearly fake.

It wasn't long before Asriel had calmed down enough to socialize with Sans and Papyrus. That was the moment that Izuku had let his guard down, even if not entirely. Eventually, Papyrus had invited them to play a game of tag and Izuku had agreed, even Sans joined the fun. I was happy to see the human accepting that monsters were different from the humans who hurt him. When it was time to go, the boys agreed to be friends and play again soon.

I'll have to make sure to bring the boys next time I visit the King for our business meetings.

                                 . . .

[Entry #3]

A month has passed since the first playdate between the children and it appears the bond between Sans and Izuku has developed even further. Sans has become a good influence on Izuku, slowly teaching him how to be a good big brother and even nerding out with each other over Sans' science books. A mutual bond of brotherhood has branded their friendship in stone. I offered the King and Queen a higher education for the children, pointing out their surprisingly high intelligence and desire to learn. The Queen desired to give them basic education first, then she would put me in charge of his schooling while she is in charge of his magic control.

I informed Sans and Papyrus of the offer and asked if they wanted to take the classes as well, they gladly agreed. It was only a matter of time before the group began to spend even more time together during school and lessons, as well as leisurely after-school activities.