Kouta's Hero

(I am kinda sad. I wrote, like, 3000 words worth of wholesome content but didn't like how far off-topic it was from the plot so I deleted it all. 3000 words... pointless. meaningless. Still, I wouldn't say I like it, but man... all that wasted effort. And it took me ages to even think of what to write.

The chapter was so cute too. Asriel, Izuku, and Kouta all went snail hunting and made pancakes. Kouta had a convo with Izuku, which could have been his character arc, but it was in the wrong location. It was so wholesome and cute and now it's gone cuz I didn't like it. I still don't, but it was so cute and hard to say goodbye to.

Anyway, here ya go.)

--------------------------------------------------------

Training had just ended and they were cooking curry tonight. Izuku wasn't accustomed to spicy foods, but when given the recipe it was pretty easy. The main ingredients were easy to find, but there were other things he had to grab. A nice collection of different ingredients sat on his cooking station. Carrots, potatoes, and a handful of snails (that earned some odd looks from everyone around, aside from Asriel and Tsu) were the stars of the dish. It was supposed to be chicken, but snails were more appealing to Izuku. Not that they tasted very different, plus they went down easier.

Asriel and Tsu were given looks of shock and exasperation when they followed in his footsteps. There were about twenty snails left, so plenty for all of them. And despite their curiosity, Kaminari and Todoroki had chosen to stick to pork for their dinner.

                                         ~ ~ ~

"Japanese Curry"

Fill the bottom of a small cup with 1/4 cup of water, add a pinch of salt and baking soda, and mix thoroughly. Add vegetable oil and bring to a simmer. Throw in the chicken and fry them until they are golden brown and then flip them and do the same for the other side. When the chicken is done cooking, remove them from the pot and place them in a small bowl. Add grated ginger and garlic and saute until the mixture is fully caramelized.

Then, the vegetables join in the fun. Throw in the diced carrots and baking soda mixture. Cover the pot and lower the heat. When the onions are fully steamed, remove the lid and increase the heat. Continue to cook it until most of the water has boiled away. Once the mixture is dry, add the spices and stir until the scent becomes very fragrant. Then fill the bottom of the pan with vegetable stock and whisk until it becomes a smooth puree. Now you return the chicken, onions, potatoes, and carrots to the pot, along with a few dashes of soy sauce and a spoonful of tomato paste. The rest of the ingredients were listed as optional.

Finally, allow the pot to simmer until the vegetables and meat are tender and the sauce is thick. (Adjust spices as desired.)

                                         ~ ~ ~

Izuku read through the instructions, doing his best to follow them to a T, with the exception of using snails instead of chicken. His fellow snail lovers saw this and followed in his footsteps. There were about twenty to thirty extra snails left over from the pie, so they had enough. Due to making snail recipes so many times, he knew exactly what consistency a fried snail was supposed to have. Unlike chicken which turns golden-brown when seared, snails turn brown and soften into a squishy chunk of meat. When boiled they become gamey and easy to chew, so they ended up being both of those things, which made them twice as juicy as the ones in the pie.

Izuku made note of that for future recipes.

Speaking of notes, he should probably share his advice on everyone's quirks. Shinsou and Hagakure have lived their entire lives under the assumption that their quirk was something it wasn't, and Kaminari has been electrocuting himself on a daily because of a lack of understanding of how his quirk actually works. They have been suffering for way too long and it's high time they got what they deserved.