Internships: Part 1

(So I was following some comments on my stories, and something was brought to my attention... the sports festival has so many errors I need to fix. I'll go back to those chapters later and edit them, but until then I'll just keep writing.

RIP: my determination to do anything, lol.

So enjoy this next chapter.)

----------------------------------------------------------

(Author POV)

Hawk's agency was in Fukuoka a city in the Kyushu district. Newer Home was a bit far off from Kyushu so the brothers had to depart a few hours early, but here they stood. The building was enormous, and it even had its own cell tower. Intimidating was the only way to describe it. Asriel let out a nervous laugh. "Well, he is the number 3 hero, after all. It's expected that he would get some super fancy property from his position," he said. Izuku nodded to his statement.

They walked inside and greeted the receptionist at the front desk. Once they got the floor number - because apparently, a room isn't a big enough office, no you need the whole floor - they got in the elevator and pushed the number to the very top floor. Izuku was the only one that didn't complain about the number, though. It was expected that someone with a quirk called "Mighty Wings" would want to be able to take to the skies the moment he gets called to duty, so Hawks having the skies right outside his office made a lot of sense. That didn't stop Asriel from complaining about the long elevator ride, though. But he quickly shut up when Izuku asked if he would rather take the stairs, and as much as Asriel loved a good race, the youngest brother wasn't favoring the thought of making it to the office of the number 3 pro hero late and out of breath. That would be extremely awkward.

Eventually, after a few stops here and there from workers who joined the ride, they made it to the top floor and were met with a plaza. Izuku made as many excuses as his brilliant mind could think of as to why it would be a freaking plaza, but only came up with Hawks being Hawks. He didn't seem to take many things seriously and was only serious when on the job. Aside from his job as a spy and a hero, he was a complete dork and a huge prankster. So a plaza full of multicolored beanbags, pool tables, multiple entertainment systems, and fuzzy chicken plushies is what you'd expect of a very immature 19-year-old. Izuku wasn't surprised, but Asriel was more than happy to bounce all around the "office" if you could even call it that.

Hawks wasn't in the office at the moment, as he was running late. Izuku had analyzed that despite the childish chaos, it looked like organized chaos. It had the feel of an apartment or suite. It was professional, relaxing, fun, and welcoming all at once. The right side of the office was the "fun side", while the left side was the "normal side". The left side had a blue circular table with blue circle stools of various heights and sizes for different people. There was a counter with a collection of different food, but there seemed to be a reserved area that had Hawks' name on it. It was empty at the moment so Hawks was likely buying food on his way back from patrol. Last but not least was the TV and desk. The TV was set to the news station and the desk had lots of paperwork littering it and a desktop computer in the center. Next to the desk was a small waste bin that seemed to be filling up with lollipop wrappers.

"Hey, look at what I found!" Asriel loudly called out. Izuku followed his brother's voice to find a large nest. Upon further inspection, the "nest" was made of curved wooden planks, and the giant "eggs" were oval-shaped pillows - memory foam, it seems. "He is a bird, haha!" Asriel joked. Izuku was more fascinated with the design and structure of the bed itself and was trying to discern the materials and functionality of the bed. How they managed to put it together despite the elevator being way too small to fit the large pillows and warped planks of wood.