Growing Up

(Nobody POV)

It had been a few weeks since Izuku had been adopted by the Dreemurs family. Asriel and Izuku were currently playing in the buttercup patch. Asriel was teaching Izuku how to make flower crowns when he suddenly spoke up. "Hey Izuku, I was wondering... what is the surface like?" Izuku tilted his head in curiosity. Why would he want to know that? "What brought this up?" he asked. Asriel started to fidget nervously, pondering his next move. "What's wrong, Azzy? You don't need to worry, I don't mind telling you," Izuku said.

Asriel's head snapped up, stars in his eyes. "I wanted to know about humans! I know how bad they treated you... but since you're so nice, there have to be other humans who are nice too! I figured those heroes you talked about are probably nicer than most humans, so I wanted to know about the heroes." Izuku was more than happy to rant about how amazing heroes are, which Asriel quickly realized was a mistake to ask. However, there was something he noticed about the way he talked about the heroes. He wasn't praising the heroes themselves, but rather, their quirks. Almost as if...

"Izuku, what is your actual opinion on heroes in general?" Izuku suddenly looked very thoughtful. Izuku admired All Might because of how he saved people with a smile. How he would make people feel safe merely by showing up. He wanted to be a hero just like him. He wanted to save the monsters that had treated him with such mercy and kindness. "Not all heroes are good, but they're not all bad either. They're human after all. Even with their powerful quirks and high status that makes people worship them like gods, I think they are just as powerful as anyone else. If a hero were to lose their quirk, they would be just as weak as me."

"Izuku, don't say that about yourself, you're not weak! You're the strongest human I know!" Asriel cried. Izuku just laughed, "I'm the only human you know, Azzy."

They laughed and kept talking about heroes for the next few hours.

----------------------------------------------------------

"Azzy, Look at me! Look at me!" Izuku shouted, running at an insanely high speed. Asriel, spooked by the sudden excitement, jumped back a bit. Izuku held out his hands right in front of him, and after a few seconds of silence, a small red flame appeared in his hands. 

"I learned magic, Azzy! I asked mom to teach me so we can be heroes together! Cool, right?"  "Woah, Izuku that's awesome! We'll be heroes for sure! Let's both work hard so we can save everyone!" Asriel cheered.

Izuku and Asriel ran to their parents to ask if they could start training. After an explanation to both parents, they agreed and called in the captain of the royal guard to teach the two how to fight in hand-to-hand combat, while the king and queen would teach them to attack, defend, and heal with magic.

----------------------------------------------------------

(10 years later)

In the past ten years, six other humans have fallen into the Underground. Izuku had killed all of them without Dreemurs' knowledge. He had trained for this. Sans and Izuku were standing in the Judgment Hall, the golden walls glistening with the light of the tinted windows. "So, this is the last one, huh? Are you feeling okay?" Sans asked. 

He knew how Izuku felt about being a hero and felt bad knowing that he had killed other humans. "Heroes don't kill" as he would always say. There was no way Izuku would let the Dreemur family know about this. Izuku was already having a hard enough time trying to forgive himself for the crimes he had committed, he couldn't bear to even think of the looks of disgust his family would give him if they found out. Sans knew that it wasn't his fault, the humans were to blame. They had trapped his family down here, and now they paid the price. Yet, Izuku still blames himself, no matter how much Sans tries to comfort his friend.

"Not really, but this is the only way. The monsters deserve to be happy. They deserve to be free. They deserve to see the surface. I will make sure that they will. I will grant their wishes, and they will see the sun and stars. I owe this to them, for all they have done for me. So I will set my feelings aside and do what must be done," Izuku said.

At the other end of the hall, a human child with a purple striped sweater was holding a knife, grinning like a maniac. Sans and Izuku stood up to face the human. "Alright, let's get this over with," they said in unison. And so, the last soul was theirs. Soul in one hand, corpse in the other - they placed the child's body in the last coffin, then walked up to the barrier. "Ready for this?" Sans asked. Izuku took a deep breath and then sighed. He looked up, determined to end all of this for good. "Let's do this, Sans"

The barrier was shattered. The monsters were free.

----------------------------------------------------------

(And that's it for this chapter, sorry it took so long, but I'm back. Hope you enjoyed this chapter and I'll update soon! I honestly didn't expect to get this many reads so soon, so thank you all and I will see you in the next chapter. Later!)