Test Results and New Recruits

(I'm kinda upset. So that commission I did to draw a book cover by an author friend who's writing 5 different books. Actual books. And... I put more effort into her cover than I did on my own. I feel disappointed in myself. The book's cover was meant to be temporary until I had the motivation to make a better one, but I never got around to it.

What I find absolutely hilarious is the fact that I put more effort into backgrounds than I do the actual characters. Like, I do a self-portrait, right? My character gets an outline that I fill in. There are flowers? You know them flowers be getting shading, leaves, lines, detail, all of it. I care more about nature art than character art and it's sad.

Let me just play the world's smallest violin for this... and there we go. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll play this on loop until this chapter is finished, here we go!)

-----------------------------------------------------

(Kaminari POV)

I honestly thought I would do worse than this. I had never expected Izuku to be such a great teacher! Not only did I finish all the questions, but I didn't have any difficulty until halfway into the exam, and even then I was capable of answering them. I've always had trouble understanding things because of the way the teacher taught them, but he was so clear about it. Not only that, but nobody had the patience to sit down and explain it to me, so that was another thing that Izuku did that surprised me. He is so nice!

I scored fifth place, right above Bakugou! Izuku and Yaoyorozu getting first was a given, but Todoroki climbed up to third place. So that's first place amongst the rest of the class. Bakugou got sixth, but we saw that high score coming a mile away since he was one of the top dogs. I was actually tied with Asriel, meaning I was on the same level as the number 1's brother! This is unbelievable!

"HOW THE HELL DID I GET BEAT BY THAT DAMN PIKACHU?!" Bakugou screamed. "Maybe you should learn a thing or two from Izuku for once? He's an amazing teacher," I quipped, having to dodge an attack from him. "K-Kaminari, I'm not..." Izuku shyly whispered. "This is so not fair, man! You're supposed to be on my side!" Mina whined, having only gone up one spot. "How is it not fair when you were the one who chose to eat the whole time instead of studying?" Todoroki snapped. "Yeah, I can't defend you here Mina, sorry," I told her, getting a gasp of betrayal in response.

We all laughed a bit before heading back to our seats when we heard the tapping of Aizawa solving the lock puzzle. I learned the hard way to never be late for class after getting locked out the first time. Those puzzles might be fun, but they are scary when you know it goes against your grade. Luckily they don't put it on your record if they know you aren't using it as an excuse to skip class. One kid tried that and got the punishment of "Homework from Hell" out of Professor Gaster. I'm pretty sure he and Principle Nezu are friends now because of that incident, and that's terrifying. It's even scarier than Aizawa's "logical ruses" that the principle also allows for some reason.

No sooner than that thought ended, the door opened, and in walked our slightly aggravated teacher. You'd think he would at least be on time by now, but no. I hope Gaster-sensei doesn't start making the puzzles harder because of him. He already had to replace the locks because All Might keeps breaking them every time he opens the door. It would suck if I had to do one that even Aizawa-sensei is struggling with. I'd definitely get expelled if I didn't do it faster than the timer. Last time I was only one second away from a failed test!

Thank you Izuku for being the greatest teacher ever!

. . .

(Aizawa POV)