Shopping and The Truth Revealed

(I love finding memes for all my chapters. The only struggle is finding the right meme. The perfect meme. I thank the internet for its neverending imagination and creativity.)

-----------------------------------------------------

"Bye Mrs. Inko!" The two brothers called. "Bye, have fun!" she called back. Izuku and Asriel were staying with Inko for the week, which was good for this occasion considering how far away the mall was from Newer Home. The only thing they had worried about was getting all of the stuff they bought out of Inko's house and back home. Izuku had just said that he would get as little as possible and only what was required. The things they already had at the house didn't need to be bought so he had already crossed them off.

"Azzy, I don't think that you even need half of this stuff. Sunscreen? You are covered in fur, the sun can't give you anything but heatstroke. Bug spray? You are made of magic, what bug would attack you if you don't have any blood? Honestly, this list is mostly just for me at this point," Izuku grumbled, crossing off another item. Asriel gave a nervous laugh. "Well on the bright side, at least we don't have to buy as much stuff," he said, trying to lighten the mood. It seemed to be working for the fact that Izuku left out a small chuckle. "Yeah, that saves us both time and money. Though that almeansans that Mina is gonna drag you all around the mall more than she will to me," Izuku remarked. Asriel paused for a moment before letting out a long sigh. "Ugh, I hadn't thought of that. Man, this is gonna suck. She has way too much energy for me. It's scary," he complained, dreading the oncoming rollercoaster.

Izuku looked back at his own list. Swimwear was something they got a long time ago, especially since Undyne lived in Waterfall. Sunscreen was something they stocked up on since coming to the surface. The sun's rays weren't a problem in the underground, but the lack of actual sunlight made Izuku a bit weak to it for quite awhile. Even though he had gotten used to the sun's beaming rays, he still had plenty of supplies to counteract its attacks. Bug spray was something monsters had never heard of until the surface. Monsters are made of magic, so they don't have to worry about the blood-sucking parasites, but Izuku is human so he does. The lack of blood in Newer Home means that there aren't many bugs aside from the casual moth or fly, nothing too harmful.

Then there were things that just didn't make sense. Why on earth would he need a body pillow? They were just going camping weren't they? All they needed was a sleeping bag, and maybe a pillow or blanket. Asriel would probably bring his nightlight, which was also on the list for some reason. How many heroes are so scared of the dark that they each need a light of their own? And where would they even plug it into? Izuku was going to buy Asriel a mobile nightlight. A little battery-powered nightlight, just for him. He wondered if they had flower-shaped ones.

While Izuku was thinking of all the things he had to do, he hadn't noticed that they were at the mall until Asriel pulled on the back of his shirt. "Hey look, Izu! It's the class! Oh, and there's Shinsou! Why don't you go with them?" Izuku looked up to see the people Asriel was pointing out were waving at him. He waved back and walked over to the group. "Hey, you two! Glad you made it, so where do you wanna go first?" Mina chirped. "Azzy, skip the nightlight thing, I'll get you one," Izuku told him. "Aww, thanks bro! I'll get you something cool too!" Asriel cooed, running off to join his friends. Todoroki had decided to join Shinsou in their little group in hopes of avoiding Mina. "I managed to convince my dad to let me come. He said that I should get closer to you. He thinks you'll be a good business partner," Todoroki claimed. "Of course he did..."

"You really love your brother, huh?" Shinsou asked, hoping to change the awkward conversation. "Of course! I would do anything for him," Shinsou chuckled at Izuku fawning over his little brother. "Man, wish I was your brother. Must be great having someone like you in his life," Shinsou sighed. Izuku smiled, "You have it wrong. I am lucky to have him in my life. I can't even imagine what my life would be like without him. I'd probably still be quirkless, sure. But I don't think I could ever dream to be where I am now. A hero? An ambassador? A person? I'd be nothing without him. I'm glad I climbed that mountain," Izuku said somberly. The sadness in his voice told them that this wasn't just a thought, it was a fact.