A new beginning

(Izuku POV)

Upon arriving at a small house, two more people came out. Two worried voices made themselves known: a man and a woman. Perhaps they were Asriel's parents? "Mom! Dad!"Asriel called. Guess that confirms my suspicions. "I found a human, they fell!" Asriel told them. The woman kneeled in front of me and lifted my head. Now that I had a good look at her, I noticed something I hadn't before. They were... goats? They all had white fluffy fur and horns, though it seems that Asriel's hadn't grown in yet.

The mother and father were wearing purple robes, each with a crest on it. The crest was a sort of rounded upside-down triangle and inside the triangle were two angelic wings with a small circle in the center. Underneath the wings were three triangles all facing three different directions.

 Underneath the wings were three triangles all facing three different directions

(Like this. Not my art. ^^^)

It looks important, I can ask later. I then noticed something more interesting: both parents were wearing crowns on their heads and the father was draped in a purple cloak with golden shoulder guards. Were these people royalty? Well, this suddenly became a lot more serious. Why would they even be concerned about me? A worthless Deku like me isn't worth the concern of someone so powerful. So why are they so worried? Maybe they would ignore me if they found out I was quirkless.

"Oh dear, young one, are you hurt? Here, let me heal you," she said. Suddenly I was filled with a warm sensation. It felt so caring and gentle, like a mother. It warmed me inside and out, and as fast as it came, it left. I blinked my eyes a few times in disbelief. I was healed, not a single scratch. All the pain was gone as if it had never been there in the first place. That must be her quirk. I wonder what being a goat had to do with healing. Maybe she had two quirks? What are the drawbacks to such a powerful healing quirk? If it was being a goat, why that of all animals?

"My name is Toriel, and that's my husband Asgore. Come along, child, let's get you inside," she said. She had such a soothing voice, like a soft lullaby.

'Asgore' looked down at Asriel, quickly lecturing him about recklessness, but soon switched to praise for being so caring. I felt bad for Asriel but was happy to meet a kid his age that was so kind, and even happier that his parents were just as lovable as he was. Asriel quickly caught up with us and asked Toriel if I could stay. I was surprised at the question and started sputtering nonsense at an alarming speed, trying to convince them that I didn't want to be a burden.

"Nonsense child," Toriel said, "you couldn't possibly be a burden. We are about to have dinner anyway. Come join us, you look hungry." Sadly, I couldn't deny that what she said was true. After all that's happened today, I really could use some food and a good nap. The home felt comforting and warm, like her 'quirk'. I like it. She sat me down at a table and went off into another room, most likely the kitchen. Not long after, Asriel and Asgore sat down as well.

While they were waiting for food, I got a chance to ask questions about them. "What are your guys' quirks? You guys all seem to have a goat quirk, but your mom could heal so do you all have multiple quirks, or is that just her? What are the drawbacks? Is it like Recovery Girl? Her quirk relies on the energy of her patients so she can't heal them if they are unconscious because they'll die since they don't have any energy. Wait, if you guys are goats, why do you have paws? Goats have hooves, is this the effect-" "Woah, Woah, hang on there, little one! Calm down, one question at a time." Asgore said.

"A-ah, sorry... I get carried away when it comes to quirks," I said shyly. "What's a quirk?" Asriel asked, tilting his head in curiosity. I was shocked, how do they not know what a quirk is?! Everyone knows what that is! Sure, other countries use different names, but even they know what the word means! "How do you not know what a quirk is?! Everyone knows that!" I practically shouted in surprise. Asgore spoke up, "We monsters haven't seen the surface for many years, so we aren't very up to date with the current events." Monsters? As in the one in the legends? The ones sealed in Mt. Ebbot?

"O-oh uh, sorry. Um, a quirk is like a superpower everyone is born with. "Kachan has an 'explosion' quirk, he can shoot explosions out of his palms by igniting his sweat, which is made of nitroglycerine," I explained. 'Real monsters? Woah, this is so cool, but scary too. The adults said that monsters eat humans, but these monsters don't seem very dangerous' I thought to myself.

"Woah, that's so cool! I thought humans couldn't use magic! What kind of quirk do you have?" Asriel asked excitedly. He didn't mean any harm by it, I knew that, but it still hurts. "I-I don't... have one. I'm quirkless." I lowered my head, not wanting to see the looks of pity and disgust. I shuffled in my seat, preparing for the wave of insults... but they never came. "Is that why you climbed the mountain?" Asriel asked, solemnly. I was surprised, to say the least. "Y-you don't h-hate me? B-but e-everyone ha-hates me," I said, tearing up. Asriel practically jumped out of his seat and ran to tackle me into a bear hug. "Of course not! Why would I?" I was happy he didn't hate me, but also confused. Why is he being so nice to me? "As soon as I was d-diagnosed quirkless my best friend: Kachan, immediately hated me. He bullied me every day after I told him about my... q-quirklessness. He and his 'friends' would gang up on me and beat me till I couldn't get up. I climbed the mountain because I was being chased by him and his goons. I hid in a cave, but it was dark and I couldn't see the hole a-and I... I fell."

After I had finished my story, I noticed that Toriel had just come back with food and had heard everything. Everyone was in tears. "Oh, that's not a very good reason..."

"Hey, how about you stay here with us?"

And so, my story began. With the Monsters of the Underground.

----------------------------------------------------------

(And that's it! Another chapter is done, I am having a bunch of fun with this, what about you?
So anyway, thanks for reading and I'll post soon. Bye!)