🎄 Bonus: Christmas Special 🎄

It was a Christmas tradition. The Dreemurs loved Christmas to an unbelievable extent. And unlike Gyftrot (the poor deer monster) Izuku actually liked dressing up as a Christmas tree. Everyone in Snowdin had all sorts of fun hanging as many trinkets as they could in his untameable forest green hair. He got the pleasure of being a Christmas tree while Asriel got the delight of being a reindeer. Asgore and Toriel were Mr. and Mrs. Claus respectively and always went to Snowdin on Christmas Eve to ask what the children wanted for Christmas. After getting everyone's gifts in a big purple bag with the royal emblem on it, Asriel would fly with Izuku on a star platform in his reindeer costume all the way through the underground and Izuku would stealthily deliver the presents via the chimneys (or doors if they didn't have a chimney, but just about everyone in the Snowdin had one) in a green fluffy outfit with very sparkly hair.

And nobody knew they were there, because every time Izuku was about to get caught he hid behind the tree, his feet hidden by presents and his hair camouflaged by the green shrubbery. They were like ninjas and everyone loved it. Gaster was the only person to ever catch him, but the skeleton always played along by giving him the cookies and milk that Papyrus made. Izuku took the chocolate ones and passed the rest along to his brother and parents for them to enjoy. Every year, Sans and Papyrus would tell the Dreemur family about how Santa ate their cookies and milk and it made them smile.

However, now that they were on the surface, it was slightly more difficult. They couldn't go across the world and deliver presents, of course, but Newer Home was slightly bigger than the Underground with the humans starting to integrate into the mix. And the never-ending cheer that the monster holiday brought was always so much fun. So when the human adults started playing along with the holiday, they were surprised to find exactly what their child had told "Santa" was sitting right under their tree. Even the presents they couldn't afford were there. It almost made them wonder if Santa had run to Monsterkind after they were imprisoned, or was secretly a monster in disguise the whole time. Because not only were the children getting what they wanted but so were the adults.

Then one fateful night, a certain purple-haired insomniac caught Izuku in the act and was let in on the joke. Shinsou cried at how wholesome this tradition was and promised not to tell the kids, but he was definitely telling his class, which Izuku thought was funny, but allowed it nonetheless. It was amusing to see his awe-stricken face as Izuku and Asriel flew on their "magical flying sleigh". News spread like a wildfire around the school about "Santa's little helpers" and Izuku had to explain the monster holiday to everyone. Gaster joined in with a written report on the origins of all monster traditions (most of which stem from humans).

The monster holiday was originally made to give monsters happiness in the darkness of the caverns that were their prison. Christmas was everyone's favorite holiday, though that's not to say it was the only one. But back to the topic at hand, gift-giving became a craze among the hero community, and even a few villains got in on it. Hawks would fly around giving funny gifts to certain companies, other popular heroes would donate to charities, and All Might made an appearance as Santa in an interview as a joke. Aizawa even got into the holiday spirit when he dressed up as Santa and did patrol like that. Villains couldn't take any of them seriously like this, which was their downfall in most cases. Forums and Blogs talked about it as the internet came out with a ridiculous number of memes and hashtags. It was insane how popular this became.

The trend was so breathtakingly funny to the Dreemur brothers that they asked the principal to let the school join in on the fun. Nezu cackled maniacally and asked Gaster to come up with a few festive puzzles and pranks around the school, which he agreed to. Many students were happy with the festive activities in the halls and laughed hysterically at the decorated bush that was the teenage ambassador. Izuku wore the Christmas decorations in his hair for an entire week after winter break when he added a sparkly star at the top for a bit of pizzaz. It was a nice change of pace. 1-A got in on the trend and dressed up in all red and green. Aizawa attended class as Santa for one day and then transitioned to a fluffy cat sweater with the words "Meowy Christmas" printed underneath the giant cat face in the middle of the sweater. Little pawprints made a zigzag line on the top and bottom of the sweater, increasing the cuteness. Other teachers had their own fun with it.

The lessons themselves were normal, aside from a few holiday references.

Monday: Japanese classes had Christmas-themed references. Japanese History had a history of human holiday traditions and where they originated along with the monster traditions in the underground. Health class had healing and medical procedures that provided pine tree and elf-shaped cookies made with green magic (provided by the masters of healing, Izuku, and Toriel) and some snowflake and ornament-decorated band-aids alongside red and green wraps. World History explained the different religions and holidays from various countries and the customs they use to celebrate. Lunch was fried chicken with potato salad for a side and cake for dessert. Home Economics was filled with recipes and holiday decoration techniques people use for Christmas. English 1 was just a bunch of different holiday phrases one might hear in English, and the goal was to point out which ones were grammatically incorrect. Math was a bunch of equations about how Santa would get around the world (the angles the sled would fly in). Despite everything, it was lots of fun.

Tuesday: English, but now they had to point out which words were misspelled. Math, but it was equations pertaining to the size and weight of the sleigh. Announcements were completely normal and uneventful. Hero lessons were how fast they could deliver the presents to the tree in the center of the city while using their quirks. Lunch today was pizza and strawberry shortcake. Hero lessons Part: 2 was a rescue operation to keep "villains" from stealing presents. English was the same as usual and P.E. was just training.

Wednesday: Math was boring, but Science was fun since Professor Gaster was explaining how the happiness from holidays affects SOULs and their magic. Training, training, lunch was beef stew with pie, then World History and Japanese again.

Thursday: English, English, Japanese, Hero Lessons, Lunch was steak and salad with ice cream, Hero lessons, Art was fun, then more math.

Friday: Math, P.E., Japanese, Art, Lunch was Sushi and fried egg with cheesecake, English, Science and how it affects the human brain, then Math.

Saturday: Home Ec was how to cook food from different cultures, Physics was a lot of fun with the laws of gravity and how it affects the snowfall, Announcements let everyone know that this was the last day of Christmas Week and things would go back to normal next week. Japanese, Lunch was oyster and shrimp on rice with Christmas Cake, then English and Math. 7th period was free, which is usually when Classes get to make plans for what to do on Sunday.

Overall, Christmas this year was a bit more merry than usual, and Izuku couldn't wait to see what next year would be like.

-----------------------------------------------------

(I did some research and apparently, Japan has fried chicken as the main Christmas food. America has stuffed turkey, but can you imagine having KFC for Christmas?! In America, that's usually just a cheap and lazy solution to not having enough money or food for traditional meals, but an entire Christmas banquet is usually ridiculously large. So basically, I envy you Japan, and your classical yet enticing traditions. Good on you!

Anyway, Happy Holidays to you all, and thanks for reading!)