Freedom and Training

News of the barrier had traveled all throughout the Underground like a wildfire. All the monsters were celebrating their newfound freedom. Finally, the barrier was gone! They could finally see the surface! Meanwhile, in the castle, everyone was freaking out. "What do you mean it's gone?!" Asgore shouted in surprise. Toriel was shocked as well. There was no way the barrier could just... disappear. "It's true your majesty, it really is gone! We're free!" the guard cheered. But the King and Queen were concerned. 'Who could have done this?' they both thought. Izuku had gone back to his room hours before the mayhem so as not to seem suspicious.

Asriel heard the conversation and bolted to Izuku's room. "Izu, Izu, wake up! The barrier! The barrier!" he shouted, bouncing on his brother's bed. "hmm? What about it?" Izuku asked blearily, he wasn't a morning person. "It's gone! The barrier is gone!" Asriel shouted in glee. "Huh? What do you mean it's 'gone'? It can't be gone." Izuku said, acting like he didn't know anything. "It is, come on I'll show you!" Asriel said, dragging his brother out of bed. Izuku just let himself be dragged, he had gotten used to this by now.

Low and behold, the barrier was gone. In its place, a golden and red sky slowly fell into a sunset. It was the most beautiful thing Asriel had ever witnessed. "This is amazing!" he said, buzzing with excitement. "Sure is, Az. And guess what?" No way. There couldn't be more surprises, right? "The stars will come out soon. Wanna watch the sunset with me?" Asriel was flabbergasted. "STARS?! As in real stars?!" he shouted. Izuku nodded and turned his attention back to the now purple-ish blue sky. It was almost nightfall, and Asriel was going to be the first monster to witness the beauty of it.

And slowly, but surely, the stars came out. Long streaks of purple, blue, and white painted the black sky. The overwhelming amount of white, yellow, and neon blue dots, freckling the sky only added to the majestic display. Every now and then a bright thin line would zoom through the galaxy and excite Asriel to no end. Izuku watched as his brother's eyes sparkled and gleamed like the sky above. Those ruby-red eyes, now glinting with wonder and happiness, reminded Izuku of his reason for fighting. He would give anything to make this moment last forever.

A few minutes of stargazing later, the other monsters slowly trickled out of the cave behind them. Immediately noticing the masterpiece above, they joined the fun and chattered happily. Sans walked up behind them, Papyrus in tow. Papyrus was Sans' younger brother and Izuku had seen everything Sans had done to keep the younger skeleton happy. He admired Sans' efforts and took inspiration to act, hence why they both decided on a plan to break the barrier together. "WOWIE! SANS ARE THOSE STARS?! THEY'RE BEAUTIFUL!!" Papyrus shouted. "They sure are, bro," Sans said with a genuine smile. 'I see Papyrus is as energetic as usual. I'm glad his wish could come true.' Izuku thought to himself.

'Now, it's time to become a hero. Let's make our wish come true, Asriel.'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8 months had passed in no time, and many things had happened. The monsters quickly found out that their current currency of golden coins was worth overwhelming amounts of money. Izuku already knew this, but chose to keep it a surprise. He wanted to see their faces when they realized how amazing their new lives were going to be. They all traded in enough gold to build a new town on some empty land the government offered.

The businesses in the Underground had flourished on the surface, with Izuku's help of course. Izuku had taken the role of the ambassador of monsters to represent his family and convince humans to revive the peace between the two races once more, ending the war for good. With peace and prosperity between the two races, they offered many new opportunities for businesses.