Izuku's Break and Gaster's New Job

It was 2 days after the USJ and the event had shown up on every news station in Japan. Izuku was flipping through the channels and it was on each and every station. He knew he was supposed to rest, but he just couldn't sleep. Nightmares of the humans he killed plagued him, and the USJ only added onto them. So here he was, flipping through all the news channels and listening to the same story on repeat.

(Izuku POV)

'Jeez, is there a single channel that doesn't show the USJ? Wait a sec, why is the footage of the inside not being displayed?' I thought to myself because surely the media would've killed for that kind of info. 'Did the cameras get knocked out by the shortage? No, that doesn't make sense. The cameras would've come back on as soon as the lights did. So why isn't it showing? Although, that might be a good thing. If people saw the fight between me and the Nomu, I'd be feared by everyone and the government would be even more on my hide than it already is. I don't want them throwing a fit for "lying about my quirklessness". That would be a pain to clear up, and if I did tell them everything they would probably try to use me as a weapon.'

"Exactly, well done your highness," Gaster said, walking into the room. Pop quiz? "Can you tell me what happened to the footage?" Gaster continued with a challenging glance. This was definitely a test. Looks like he's checking that my skills haven't been forgotten. You fool, I will never outgrow my analysis habit.

"Well, if the security cameras came back online, then they should have recorded the footage, regardless of whether or not it was streamed to a monitor. If the footage had been given to the media then they would have shown it. This would imply that the information is either being withheld or it got deleted. Of course, that's assuming that the inside of the cameras hadn't been fried by the electricity, but UA's technology is too advanced for that, so that would leave the first two options. Someone is keeping information from the public, and the only ones who have clearance to do so are either UA or the Hero Commission. I doubt the Commission would hide something like this because of how petty they are, so that leaves UA," I explained. I looked up in realization, a smile crossing over my face.

"UA is withholding information to protect the students," I said quietly.

"Well done! I'm glad to see you haven't lost your touch, Izuku," Gaster praised. I got that bubbly feeling that I always did whenever I got praised for getting good grades in his class, however, that quickly faded into confusion as I realized that Gaster knew the answer, meaning he's a part of the cover-up. This would mean...

"Gaster, are you working for UA now?" I asked. He stared at me for a moment before breaking out into a hysterical laugh. "My, my! Observant as always, I see. Yes, I was called to teach Science and Biology. Remember when I asked you if I could tell the heroes of your current skill set?" I nodded. I had gotten a call from UA asking if I could tell them how I fought the Nomu, and to explain the "black attack". I shoved them in Gaster's direction, knowing that he had recorded everything about me and gave consent for him to tell them, as I was far too tired to deal with any of it at the time.

"Well, Nezu was curious about that fight with the Nomu and why you hadn't shown that power before, and since you were on break I took some of my notes on your progress over the years and showed it to him. He was so intrigued by my knowledge in science, and how you trusted me enough to turn yourself into a "lab rat", in his words (which I find rather rude) so he decided to hire me and watch to see what made you trust me enough to let me "use you for my experiments" on multiple occasions. So I'll be working at UA starting tomorrow. I hope to see you in class, early as always." He explained. Boy, I can feel his excitement from here. He's going to absolutely destroy my class, I just know it.