Internships: Part 3

(Was listening to Quiet Water and I saw this video in the play next. I've been listening to it nonstop since last night and it is surprisingly a lot more helpful than I thought. I decided to share it with you in case you would like the sound of underwater ambiance.

So anyway, here is another chapter with lots of wholesome. Enjoy!)

----------------------------------------------------------

(Asriel POV)

It was officially our second day of the internships, and I was starting to worry. I had called Ilda a few times now to see if he was still okay and that he wasn't going to do anything dangerous, but he's been ignoring my calls. I called Uraraka to see if she could get a hold of him, but she couldn't reach him either. Izuku was having a great time with Hawks, and that cheered me up, but it didn't settle the uneasy feeling in my SOUL. I approached the office and heard a bunch of chatter. They are probably doing paperwork again. I don't know how those two enjoy it, but I guess Izuku is just excited over the feeling of validation he's getting from doing it for someone. The feeling of being relied on always seemed to make him happy for some reason.

When did he not have that? Or perhaps the real question is, when did he need the feeling more? When did it become so strong? Where did this desire even come from? I'll ask him later.

I gave a soft knock on the door. "Come in!" Hawks called. Upon entering, I see Izuku setting down a fresh cup of coffee for Hawks, which probably has a lot of sugar in it, and holding a second one for himself. Hawks was at his computer with a notebook next to him. Looks like they were researching some crimes. Izuku is amazing at analysis, and Hawks has been putting that to good use. There isn't much that he can teach Izuku, but he does point out a few things that Izuku misses, so I guess he's a lot better at noticing tiny details. Good for him. "Hey, Prince! You back with the coffee?" he asked. The two had been up all night working on a case together and were running low on coffee so Hawks gave me a bunch of yen to buy some breakfast and coffee. I made sure to get some eggs and pancakes for everyone, and extra eggs for Hawks, but the rest went to coffee and tea. I'm not a huge fan of coffee. "Yep, got some tea too. I figured you guys hadn't eaten yet so I got some breakfast too, while I was out," I told them, closing the door behind me with my foot since my arms were full of groceries.

"Man, you're the best! Izuku, go help him would you?" Izuku nodded and grabbed some of the groceries out of my hands and set them down on the counter. I put everything in order and divvied out everyone's food and set them down, making sure that the one with extra eggs went to Hawks. "You got me extra eggs? Gee, you really got to know me in the last two days huh? Or am I just that obvious?" he laughed sheepishly. "You like chicken a lot more than a normal person. So it only goes to say you would like eggs just as much since they come from chickens," I explained. He laughed and opened up the to-go box. We had all eaten our breakfasts, Hawks and Izuku chatting about politics again and whatever crime organization they were working on, but I couldn't stop thinking about Ilda.

When everyone was done, and Izuku went to clean the dishes - can't have me be the only one doing chores - I took this short period of alone time as my chance to tell him about my problem. "Hey, I hope it isn't too much to ask, but would you mind taking us to Hosu today?" I asked. He looked up from his computer, obviously curious about the question. "Is there something important there? You're not keeping secrets from me, are you rookie~?" he questioned, though I knew the last part was a joke. "Haha, no no, it's nothing like that. It's just... a classmate of mine is in grief due to the fact that his older brother was attacked by a villain during the sports festival, and I'm worried he'll try to go after the villain. He hasn't been acting like himself, and I'm worried he's going to get himself hurt. I just wanted to drop by and make sure he's okay before he does anything he might regret," I explained. "Hm... I understand. And let me guess, it's Tenya Ilda, right? Ingenium's little brother?" he asked. "How did you-" "Because that's the only person that got hospitalized during the sports festival. Ingenium was attacked by the Hero Killer and was paralyzed. He is a proud member of the Ilda family, so it only goes to say that his younger brother would be upset. And hearing about how he picked an internship in Hosu, you figured out that he is going after the Hero Killer for revenge, right?" Hawks explained.

It amazed me how alike he and my brother were, and I couldn't help but laugh. "Yeah, thank you for understanding. So, could we drop by for a bit? I don't mean to bother, I just want to be sure..." I asked. He nodded in response. "Sure, a quick fly-by wouldn't hurt. Besides, there's a meeting I need to attend there," he said. "Is it about the investigation you two are working on?" I asked. "You could tell?" "I noticed you've been having Izuku do a lot of analysis projects, so I thought there might be some organization you are looking into," I explained. He chuckled, and then laughed. Izuku had just finished the dishes and returned to Hawks laughing his feathers off. "You two really are two birds of a feather, huh?" Hawks joked. Izuku was confused but returned a bird pun nonetheless. "Yep. We are an eggcellent pair," Izuku joked. 'Great, another pun-loving idiot. Well, at least they're having fun,' I thought to myself.

A few minutes of puns later, Hawks told us to get in our hero costumes. We didn't take long to change, but apparently, wings make it hard to get dressed, so we had to wait for Hawks to get ready. When everyone was done, Hawks asked if Izuku could keep up from this height, and he summoned a green shield. I was confused until I saw him jump out of the roof and onto the shield. He used small shields as landing pads to create a sort of staircase to the nearest rooftop. Hawks just laughed and grabbed onto my sides. He flapped his wings and we were off.

~ ~ ~ (Meanwhile in Hosu) ~ ~ ~

(Narrator POV)

"We'll be patrolling Kyoto again today, sorry," Manual said sheepishly. "No, it's alright. It's probably better this way. There was a moment of silence before Manual spoke again. "Hey. This is kind of hard to ask, but you're chasing the hero killer, aren't you?" Ilda was taken aback by the assumption, not because it was rude, but because it was very much correct. "That's..." Manual stopped as well. He turned to give Ilda a gentle smile. "I couldn't think of any other reason you would come to my agency. Oh, but I'm really glad you came! It's just, you shouldn't act on a personal grudge," he told him. "We heroes do not have the authority to arrest or punish. The use of quirks has been allowed through their regulation. That is why, no matter what the reason, heroes must not use their quirks for themselves. If anyone used their quirk for their own selfish desires, it would be a very serious crime," Manual warned. He was trying to get through to Ilda, in hopes that he would abandon this path of vengeance.

The tense atmosphere was quickly interrupted by Manual suddenly being sheepish, hoping to not give the wrong message. "Oh, it's not like I'm saying the Hero Killer isn't guilty. You just seem so earnest like you'd focus on one thing and ignore everything else, so I was worried," Manual told him. "Thank you for the warning," Ilda said, slightly bowing in gratitude. "Oh, it's fine as long as you understand. Now, let's get going," Manual said cheerfully.

Ilda was conflicted. He understood what Manual was trying to convey to him, but the anger in his heart just wouldn't fade. He didn't know what to do, but he also did. Despite Manual's warning, his SOUL was too full of HATE to take the words to heart.

And that would be his downfall.

----------------------------------------------------------

(I did a good amount of cutting and pasting on this chapter, but I really wanted Asriel to have some excuse to save Ilda since he is the one who is connected to Ilda rather than Izuku. SPEAKING OF WHICH! I had this dream the other day and I absolutely need to know, so this will be decided via vote. Shinsou is going to get put in 1-A due to his performance in the sports festival, and Aizawa playing favorites, but I really need your opinion on this.

- Move Izuku to Class-B

- Move random Class-A student to Class-B

I need this vote because I thought about what would happen if Class-B had Izuku in their friend group all the time rather than just hanging out whenever they could. Monoma and Kendo already do politics with Izuku and hang out after school. Shinsou trains with Izuku whenever he can and studies with him at his favorite cat cafe (not a ship), and everyone else just does their best to stay in touch. Should I make a chat room chapter to reveal Class-B antics? But yeah, I wanted your opinion so I could see if Class-A should get a character arc that forms a relationship between them and Izuku.

So please give your vote because I would love to know what I need to add on later in the story.

And that's all for this chapter, thanks for reading! Bye~)