Sports Festival and Todoroki

(I honestly couldn't for the life of me figure out the whole "secret love child" scenario. All Might and Izuku don't talk, so that's not on the list. So instead, I made things so much worse... this is gonna be wild.

Also, for those who can't take it, this chapter mentions child and domestic abuse. You have been warned.

So yeah, hope you enjoy it!)

----------------------------------------------

~Previously~

"That guy's really strange, huh?" Asriel asked, tilting his head in thought. Izuku just laughed, "Yeah, he has weird questions. I certainly didn't take him to be the conspiracy theorist type," Izuku said, nonchalantly. Though the statement itself brought more questions than answers.

They just decided to forget about it for a while and eat their lunch before they ran out of time.

---------------------------------------------

(Author POV)

Izuku was walking back to the stadium with his brother and friends. They had just finished getting lunch from the stalls and were trying to hurry so they weren't late. As they were saying their 'goodbye's and 'see you later's, Izuku was suddenly filled with a heartwarming nostalgia, which unfortunately reminded him of the nostalgic fear in the competition. A bone-chilling fear and overwhelming anxiety filled his soul as the other kids stared hungrily at his headband... that feeling... why was it so dreadfully familiar? And then there was Shoto Todoroki. Even weirder is what came after the 'staring contest'. Honestly, just because he was adopted and raised by monsters, doesn't mean he is one (though he sometimes wants to be).

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Flashback ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Izuku was nervous. He wanted to get back to his friends, but he gets dragged off by the third most powerful in the class, just to be glared at? It was uncomfortable being underneath his unsettling judgemental gaze. It was nothing like Sans' ability to see into one's soul. This stare was one of suspicion and distrust and it gave off cold intimidation. It was... unsettling. He just wanted this to be over so he could eat in peace with Hitoshi, Neito, Kosei, and Azzy.

"So... what did you want to talk about, Todoroki?" Izuku asked, trying to break the tension. Silence. "We should probably hurry up before the crowd gets too big. I don't want to miss lunch-" Izuku tried to explain but he was cut off by the other, who look suddenly very determined for some reason like he had come to a decision of some sort.

"I was overpowered," he said quietly. Izuku wasn't ready for that but stayed quiet because he had the aching feeling that Shoto wasn't finished and he didn't want to interrupt the half-toned boy. "So much that I broke my pledge." he continued. "Ilda, Kaminari, Yaoyorozu, and the others... None of them felt it. At that moment, I was the only one who was overpowered. Only me, who had experienced that power firsthand..." he monologued(?) "What... do you mean?" Izuku asked nervously. "it means I felt something similar coming from you," Shoto claimed.

"Izuku, are you... secretly a Nomu?" he suddenly asked. Confusion. That was the only feeling Izuku could feel at the moment. Complete, utter confusion. After a few moments, the confusion turned into surprise, then horror, then disgust. Shoto genuinely thought that Izuku was a Nomu, and that threw Izuku through a number of flips. His poor mind couldn't wrap around why he would even think for a moment that Shoto would align him as a failed experiment of the League. How insulting! Izuku had risked his life for these people he didn't know, these people who clearly judged him all the time and avoid him even more so, were the people he defended!