chapter 1

Eva's pov.....

Thinking back at all I have achieved, I look at myself and feel proud.
One thing I can proudly boast about is that, I have made my father proud, my mother too, but....she never seems to appreciate, maybe that's how she is...., you will meet her as we go through and understand what I mean.

From my primary to my territory my performance has been excellent.
I graduated last month with a degree in business management and finance.
Daddy says it's like studying two courses, but hi, it was fun.

Holding this certificate in my hand, makes me feel so proud.
I remember when I was almost giving up in my third year, daddy told me, he had already seen me graduating in his vision, so giving up would only make it fake.
Today I can proudly say the main reason am holding this paper in my hands is because of Mr. Jaden Kangwa my dad, who has been so encouraging.
Looking at him, I always had an inspiration to study.
He runs the biggest insurance company on the continent, General Assistant Insurance, which is not easy work.
It's like he takes care of almost all companies in Africa, that on it's on, can tell you how hard-working he is.
He carried on a family business, and he has made it a very successful figure.

" Are we almost there?" I asked the driver, as we were heading home from the airport.

" Just a few miles ma'am," he replied, with a smile hanging on his face.

Mother and daddy moved to a new house after daddy's biggest business sell.
His company won the market in South Africa and Tanzania which seemed difficult to get.
To date, his company is the only insurance company that has managed to be successful in 58 countries.

They had to move to a new and bigger house, that Samantha and I were not aware of, since we had been in school in London for the past five years.

I took a deep breath after the driver's response as I couldn't wait to get home.
I had missed my parents, especially my daddy.
Not forgetting my little sister Rabbecca.
I glanced at Samantha seated next to me, who was busy pressing her phone, not giving a damn about us driving for almost two hours.

I leaned back on the chair closing my eyes, hoping to fall asleep.

********

I opened my eyes after the sunlight had hit from the side window.
Judging by how slow we had started moving, I assumed we were almost home, this made me peak through the window.

I saw beautiful large buildings, larger than our former neighborhood, which I had already started missing.
We grew up in that area, so learning that they had moved, was kinda heartbreaking.
Nevertheless, the place I was looking at, looked peaceful though people didn't move about.

It was a residential area or an area for big business dealers as most houses were heavily guarded.

" This place looks exciting," I said, closing my window and turning to look at Samantha.

" Yes whatever,'' she answered, not sparing me a glance, but pressing her phone.

Finally, the car stopped in front of a large black gate.
It was made of steel, with an electrical wire on top.

The driver pressed a button and the gate began to open.
  After it had fully opened, he drove into this breathtaking environment.
The first thing I spotted was a huge mansion, the top had an ironic roofing that was green and covered the top perfectly.
The upper part of the building was held together by precious stones, the middle part was Painted brown, which looked faint at a distance and the lower part was made of glass.
There was a swimming pool, not far from the house, which was huge, and the blue skylight reflected in it beautifully.
The surrounding was spacious and had beautiful green grass, for someone like me who loved picnics, I knew it was an advantage.

The car stopped in front of the building, where both mother and daddy were standing, waiting for us.
The guard opened my door and I came out.

I ran straight to where daddy was standing and hugged Him.

" I missed you, daddy," I said
buring myself in his embrace.
" I missed you too my Eva, and welcome back home," he said pulling out but still holding my shoulder.

Not far from us were mother and Sam.

" How are you mother?" I greeted her, as I was now standing in front of her.

" Fine Eva, welcome home," she said, cooking up a smile.

" Thank you,"

" E....vvvvvvvaaaaa!'' Becca who was running towards me from Inside the house shouted.

" I Missed you, darling," I said, embracing her tightly.

" I missed you too," she said tightening the hold.

" We have a lot of catch-ups to do," she informed enthusiastic, after pulling out.

" Really," I exclaimed.

" Samantha is back too you know," mother interrupted.

" Hi, Sam, welcome home," Becca spoke, maintaining her smile.
Sam did not say a word but just nodded.

" Let me show you to your rooms," she offered, taking my hand.

" Make sure you come downstairs at 6, we are having guests for dinner,"
Daddy informed us, as we ran upstairs.