chapter 18

Sam's POV.....

" I have been on my best behavior, been the perfect daughter, but she doesn't see all that, she hates me, scolds me, and curses me for reasons I don't know and here you are crying when you know, you have to change to get the best from daddy,"
Eva's words couldn't get off my mind.
I grew up in that house and saw all that, but I never thought about it along those lines.
Eva is a well-behaved person, she maintained a good character and was always pleasing, daddy was proud of that, but why wasn't mother proud??
I couldn't just get to my conclusion, there was more to it and I needed to find out.

" Why aren't you sleeping yet? " Mother's voice came from behind," you want to cause more trouble?"

" I don't feel like sleeping," I answered, still giving her my back.

" Why is this room in such a mess? I thought you have grown out of this behavior.
And....," She walked to where my broken picture frame was laying and pulled out the picture.

" You brat, you broke this?" She asked glaring at me, "have you started going mad?"

" I was upset," I answered and walked to my bed.

" You are such an ass, Sam," she cried as I sat down.

'' I know," I said sighing.

" Am not here to lecture you on what you did," she stated, Putting the picture on the couch.

" Then what do you want?'' I asked fixing my shocked gaze at her.

" Samantha am done with you, I have tried my best, but you are just a foolish girl that will never change, so from now onwards, do your worst, I don't care.
You are on your own, you are old enough like you said, to know what is right and what is wrong, so whatever you will choose to do, I don't care," she informed and started walking away.

" Mother!" I called and she stopped.

" What do you want?" She asked turning to look at me, as I was now standing.

" What is your relationship with Eva?" I asked fixing my gaze at her.

" What do you mean by that?" She asked glancing away uncomfortably.

" Is she your daughter? Or stepdaughter?'' I started heading towards her.

" Where are all these questions coming from?" She asked finally having the courage to look at me.

" A mother loves her daughter and sacrifices for her.
As compared to Becca and me, Eva is better, she's well behaved, well mannered, and well-groomed.
But you don't appreciate all that from her, you scold her for no reason, tease her, curse her and you are very hard on her. Why mother?" I asked standing in front of her arms crossed.

" The reason why she is like that is because am hard on her. If I was soft, she would have been as spoiled as you are and for the first daughter, it would have been the greatest mistake," she answered and smirked.

Natasha Mbewe is the daughter of Steven Mbewe, the former minister of agriculture, and Alice Mwale a famous fashion designer in Africa for her boutique ' dress In fashion with Alice'
She was the only child they had and was spoiled growing up.
Got her master's degree in agriculture, but never for once stepped foot on the farm.
Brave, confident, and bold, even when she was lying.
Her boldness could kill someone who was her enemy.
Even when paid to stand as a witness in court, the accused could win because of her acting skills.

I didn't know if I was to buy her words, because as far as I knew mother, she was too clever for an Easterner woman.

" Ok, if that's it, then well done," I answered returning her smirk.

" Get some sleep Sam, you need it to put your mind together," she advised and walked away.

I will get to the bottom of this, I will find out what you have been hiding mother, I promise you.
I thought as I watched her close the door.

******......

Eva's pov...

I had cried my eyes out the previous night and finally slept off.

The sunlight from my widow hit me, causing me to wake up.
After looking at the time, it was already 10 am, so I rolled out of bed and went downstairs.

" Morning Eva?" Ba charity our house help greeted me.

" Morning ba charity, where is everyone one?" I asked getting down from my last stair.

" In the dining room, apart from madam Sam, I guess she is still sleeping,"

Sam and wanting to be respected by the workers, makes me scoff.

" Ok thank you," I thanked her and turned to walk away, but the doorbell, made me turn back.

" Mr. Joe Please open the door," I ordered.

At the night, we used to have Mr. Ben, in the morning, it was Mr. Joe and during the daytime, we had Mr. James.
Their duty was to guard the door and open it when told.
They were always in black suits and sunglasses.
The only time they would step away from there, was to eat, use the bathroom, or when sick.

Immediately he opened the door, Mr. Dominic Tembo and two police officers, walked in.

" Hi big Joe, I see you are still strong," he commented, glancing at Mr. Joe before finally entering.

" Good morning Ms. Kangwa, where is your spoiled sister that is always causing trouble for daughter?" He spoke causing me to almost spit.

I hated that man, hell knows why, he always thought daddy was his competition.
He would always want to compare himself to daddy, so stupid.

Daddy, mother, nanny Dorothy and Becca came out of the dining room, I guess after hearing the noise.

" Mr. Tembo?" Daddy asked as he was heading towards him.

" Mr. Kangwa, a pleasure to see you again best friend," he answered and laughed.

" What do you want in my house?" He asked maintaining a glare.

" Your daughter has been causing trouble, so since you can't sort her out, the law will do it for you," he spoke and laughed again.
Seriously, that man was a joke.

" Mr. Kangwa, my name is inspector Jose," one office introduced himself, showing his ID, "we are here to arrest your daughter, Ms. Samantha, for assaulting Ms. Winny last night,"

" No Jaden, they can't arrest her,'' mother cried, running towards daddy.

Sam came downstairs immediately, looking around astonished.

" What's going on here?" She asked as everyone turned to look at her.

'' that's her officer," Mr. Tembo pointed.

" Stay away from my daughter," mother protected, running towards Sam, passing the police officer.

" Mother, what's going on?" She whispered but louder.

" Ms. Samantha, you are under arrest, for assaulting Ms. Winny, you have the right to remain silent because anything you say or do will be used as evidence in the court of law," inspector Jose, who was standing behind mother, spoke.

" Daddy you can't let them take her," I cried, looking at him, but he showed no sympathy.

" There is nothing he can do, your sister is a problem and she needs to learn a lesson," Mr stupid answered.

" Madam move," the officer ordered, pulling mother away.

" Let go of me, I will walk for myself," Sam ordered and he let go of her hand.

" Jaden please stop them," mother cried, falling on daddy's feet.

" daddy they are taking Sam away," Becca cried.

Daddy removed mother from his feet and she remained seated on the floor.
He immediately went upstairs, saying no word......

Thank you for reading don't forget to comment and vote