chapter 28

Eva's pov.....

Hardly had I been in America for a month, when daddy called me to come back.
I was told there was a big emergency, so I rushed back.

From the sound of daddy's voice, I could tell things were not right.

I arrived at the airport and went straight to GAI.

My heart was beating faster than I could count and according to some myths, it was a sign of something really bad.
But I didn't want to make myself believe that no sense at that moment.

" Eva, you're welcome back?" Mercy the receptionist, welcomed me.

" Thank you Mercy," I smiled," how is work?"

" Fine," she returned my smile.

" Eva?" Joseph who had just come out of the elevator, called, "Mr. Kangwa, is waiting for you in his office,"

" Thank you, Joseph, I will head there, right now," I told him," later Mercy,"

I entered the elevator and it took me to the 10th floor, where daddy's office, was.

" Come in," I heard his loud deep voice, after knocking at the large door in front of me.

" Eva?" He called, cooking up a smile," welcome back my princess,"

" Thank you, daddy," I answered sitting down.

" How was your trip?" He inquired, turning his computer on.

" Fine, I thank God am back safe," I smiled.

" How is the contraction going?''

" Sandra was the one handling that, mine was to make sure we had enough resources before it opened," I told him.

" Ok I see," he nodded," the reason why I called you back was that the company has been losing so much money over the past two years, and after investigating, it was found that they were mostly from your department,"

My department? How was that possible? It only had 6 workers and the projects that we did there used little or no money at all, so how was all that possible.

" My dep....art...ment?" I cracked and he nodded," but how is that possible?"

He immediately handed me a file.

" That file shows 39 bank accounts, that were opened in your name, and have been receiving a lot of money,"

I confirmed all that he was saying, after opening the second page.

After seeing how speechless I was, he continued,
" For the past two years, those accounts have been receiving over a million kwacha, every month,"

" Daddy, I promise I don't know anything about this," I built the courage to speak.

" I know Eva, that is why I called you back, I want you to look into the matter and find out who is behind all this,"

The fact that he trusted me, was all I needed.

" I will do that," I promised.

" Now go home and rest, I bet you're tired,"

" Thank you, daddy, am heading out" I stood up and walked away.

Of all things someone could get me involved with, money was the worst.
Where in the world would I take over a million kwacha, every month.

I couldn't understand who it was that was trying to frame me.
Could it have been the person who was leaving letters in my office?
Yes, he or she was the only enemy I had, there was no one else.
But who was it???

" Eva?" Chris called snapping me out of my thoughts, as he saw me walking out of daddy's office.

" Hi, babe?" He greeted me as he embraced me.

" What time did you come?" He asked after pulling off.

" Some... minutes ago," I answered, avoiding his stare.

" Eva there is a problem,'' he informed and I finally looked at him.

" Daddy has already told me about the bank accounts,"

" It's not just that," my heart started with the race like a type of beating," come with me,"

After we had entered his office, he pulled a chair for me and helped me a seat.

" Eva, the... Memorandum of Management has gone missing," he spoke in a whisper-like voice, causing me to almost fall from my chair.

" No no no!!!!," I cried holding my head," tell me you are joking,"

The Memorandum of Management was a document that the company was running on. without it, they couldn't be future projects or investments.
It was kept in my department because daddy trusted, I could take better care of it, than any person, not even Samantha.

" Babe, came down ok, no need to panic, we are working on it, don't worry it will be found," he assured me, but that for some reason wasn't calming me down.

" Does daddy know?" I worried.

" Not yet, but Sam does," he answered holding my hand.

"Choolwe what's happening to me?" Tears were now dropping down my cheeks.

" Eva, it's not that serious, we will get to the bottom of all this, stop worrying,"

" Stop worrying, are kidding me? They are 39 bank accounts, receiving money every month signed in my name and now the MOM is missing and you're telling me it's nothing serious, are you been for real," I laughed, between my tears.

( MOM means the memorandum of Management)

" But worrying won't help," he mumbled.

I got up from the chair and took my bag.

" Where are you going?" He worried about also getting up.

" Home, I need to get my mind in the right place,'' I told him and he held me back.

" I will drive you there," he offered and I nodded.

Thank you for reading...