chapter 20

Eva's pov......

Chris, Sandra, the project team, and I were in the board room, discussing the project when Sam walked in.

" I hope am not late?" She asked pulling a chair to seat, next to me.

" You are just in time," I told her, smiling.

" Here is the review on the research we have conducted so far," Sandra handed her a file and she opened it.

" What ways of research are you using?" She asked still going through the file.

" Internet research, traveling there and interviews," Chris answered and she nodded.

" How is that turning out?" She asked finally closing it.

" For the six months we have worked on it, it's taking longer than expected and the information we have gathered is not proving to be that much helpful," I explained.

" Especially China, I guess the country is just too big," Thelma, one of the team members, answered.

" How about we change the game?" She suggested smiling.

" How?" I asked, and I could see everyone equally confused.

" Insurance is different from any ordinary business.
If it was anything else, we would be finding ways of establishing our company in these countries easily, but an insurance company needs more research.
we have to see to it that, even when we propose the idea to the governments, they agree," she explained standing up.

She took aboard and a marker, to demonstrate her idea.

" Asia is a big continent, so if we are going to target every country, then this project will take forever.
As I was looking at the files, I noted that the most powerful countries, that should be our main targets are, China, India, Japan, Iran, South Korea, Pakistan, Turkey, Iraq, the Philippines, and Israel.
Just like they didn't work on all the countries in Africa, but the influential ones, we should do the same to
target these 10 then we are done," she proposed, now seating down.

" But even if we have to do that," Moses spoke, making us all turn to look at him, "our research is taking longer and we are not getting anywhere,"

" We change the pattern," she answered and smiled," to know more about something, you have to get closer.
Let's take a tour to these countries, we can research more about them that way, we will create a friendship, as we all know, insurance is best done when there is a friendship between the insurer and the insured.
How is that?" she suggested and I couldn't hear everyone mumbling.

" I think that's a good idea, it will be like a working vacation," I supported.

" I was thinking the same thing," Sandra seconded.

" Don't get too excited about the vacation, Mr. Kangwa has to first authorize," Chris just had to be a freak.

" Don't worry about daddy, Sam and me will talk to him," I assured them.

'' I can't wait to go pack my bags," Martha shouted and we all laughed.

I could hardly believe my sister was the one who came up with such a brilliant suggestion that would help with the project.
Sam had changed and she made me proud every second.

*******.......

The next day......

" Samantha and Eva told me about the suggestion that was raised and I'm for it, but, not everyone is going.
Only 20 out of the 30 will be traveling, the rest will have to remain behind, to continue running the company," daddy announced.

" Since they are 10 countries at hand, we will divide into 5 groups,2 going to each country and for a fixed period," I added.

" The journey is in two days, so please prepare because this is not a one-day journey, it might take six to one year, all we want is success at the end," Sam informed and the mumbles began.

" Guys are ready?" Sandra shouted and we all cheered.

.********...

" I can't believe you guys are going again," Becca cried as we were having dinner," you just came back,"

" Do you have to go, can't those in the field department do it?" Mother asked, worried.

" No mother, we are heading this project, so we just have to be there," Samantha explained to her.

" So how are you divided?" Nanny Dorothy who was putting food on my plate asked.

" Eva and Chris are going to China, Sandra and Martha are going to Pakistan, Bupe and Moses are going to Iraq, Joshua, Adam, Tiyonga, and Tapiwa the strong ones are going to Iran and South Korea, Memory and Ruth are going to Japan, Mwale and Abigail are going to the Philippines, Michael and Bornface are going to Israel, Peter and Miriam are going to Turkey and finally,wezi Willi and I are going to India," she listed.

" Willi is coming?" I scoffed.
" Whose Willi?" Becca asked.
" And why is he coming along?" Daddy also worried.

"Too many questions family too many questions," she complained," his my assistant, that's all you have to know, I will need him for this tour,"

" You would have left him for Winny," I muttered and she glared at me, causing me to laugh.

" Stop it," she warned.

" Am I the only one who feels am missing something?" Becca asked glancing from Sam to me.

'' just eat Becca!'' Sam and I both said at the same time and laughed.

" Hi.... stop attacking my little girl," daddy warned.

" I know right," mother seconded, causing me to roll my eyes.

Thank you for reading, don't forget to comment and vote...