chapter 4o

Guess the model in this chapter???

Mirriam had called me to her house the next day and I could tell from the sound of her voice, that  Evans had told them the truth.

" Hi Vee? How are you," Grace was the first to greet me.

" Am fine how are you?" I greeted, sitting on the chair.

" Am fine," she answered.

" Welcome Vanessa," Mirriam told me.

" Thank you," I looked down.

" Evans told us about your memory loss and we found it disturbing," she informed me," do you mind telling us about it?"

" Hmmm," I sighed," am sorry, I lied about my memory loss.
I did lose it but, it was just for a week, I knew who I was but, I just didn't want to say anything,"

I thought they would shout at me, Mr.. Lweendo would ask me to leave or even call the cops on me but no,he spoke calmly.

" But why would you do such a thing my dear?"he asked.

" My life was just too painful to go back,I have gone through enough and returning was the last thing on my mind," I explained, tears falling from my eyes.

" Do you mind sharing?" Grace asked, holding my hand.

" Yes," I nodded," my real name is Evaline.J. Kangwa,the first daughter to Mr Jaden Kangwa,"

'' what?" Everything looked confused," how?"

" I don't remember much about my childhood, but growing up,I was the perfect daughter of my parents.
My sisters Samantha and Rabbecca,where not the easy to handle,Sam is stubborn and Becca is not the easiest human being.
But I loved them so much.
I was the favorite of my father Mr Kangwa,he was always expect of me but I guess that had always triggered me to work hard.
My mother
Natasha .M. Kangwa wasn't the easy type, never was there a time when she threatened me like a daughter,it was always her teasing me, scolding me and doing everything she could, to get on my nerves.
Life began after Samantha and I graduated from a school of business management and finances in London.
We started work at GAI in preparation of taking it over as the future CEOs.
They made me believe I was working hard to grow the company, not knowing they were just using me to work for Samantha.
They were issues of fake bank accounts opened in my name that where receiving money, but I didn't know anything about it.
Things started to become worse for me and I just couldn't hold on any longer.
Samantha told me I was adopted,I didn't believe her, until mother and daddy confirmed.
Learning about the adoption was horrifying, but what hate the most was the fact that they had hide it from me for 27 years.
I ran away from home and moved in with Chris, your relative.
We were in a relationship and loved each other, but all that died the day he got my adopted sister Rabbecca, pregnant.
The day Grace hit me with her car ,I was running away from my pain,the pain of my past,"

" Am trying to understand things here," Mirriam spoke confused.

" I read that story on the internet, Samantha posted so many ewe things about Eva, calming she stole money and ran away.
She calms Eva died, trying to run away.
And now we are just discovering the died Eva,has been around us all this while," Gideon said, staring at me.

" I told doc Luke to make everyone believe that I died,so that one would come looking for me," I Shook in anger.

" How sure are we that what you're telling us is the true,you have already lied to us," Mr Lweendo protected.

" Am not forcing you people to believe me, but all that I have said is the true.
I just want to ask for your forgiveness,I lied to all of you,am sorry.
It might take time but I please find it in your hearts to forgive me," I stood up tears falling from my eyes and ran away.

I never met to disrespectful anyone,I was just protecting myself.
My life had changed and it was all thanks to the Lweendos.
Mirriam was a very nice woman,the way she brought me closer to her family,made me have a home again.
Mr Lweendo was different from daddy, with him, he never encouraged me to stress or been to expect of me.
Grace and Gideon where the best siblings I started loving,the way they respected me,was just the best feeling.
Grandma Mwelya,was the best,she was talkative but a very funny woman.
Aunt mercy was the best woman I had ever met,she loved me, tolerated me and was everything one could wish for in mother.
Evans healed my broken love life,he changed my view on dating and became the best thing in my life.
This is the family kitwe had given me,they loved me and my prayer was,my lie wouldn't change things, because I wasn't ready to lose them.

" It's going to be fine,the fact that you said the truth,is the most important thing," aunt Mercy comforted as I was buried in her embrace.

" Evans is not even answering my calls,I have tried to call him several times, what if he breaks up with me?" I cried pulling off.

" He loves you,he is just upset right now," she wiped my tears," stop crying,"

*******.....

" Eva!'' aunt Mercy, called me the next morning.

" Am coming!" I shouted, still in my room.

I took time to come out,it been in the morning,I was just waking up and had work to prepare for.

" Morning aunt,you called me?" I asked after entering the kitchen where she was.

" Have you been to the living room?" She asked not sparing me a glance.

" No, why?" I asked curious.

" Go and check," she dared.

" You are scaring me," I protected.

" Just go,".

I gasped at the sight of Evans sitting in our living room.
Did he come to shout at me?

" Evans?" I whispered, but louder.

He stood up after hearing my voice and walked to where I was standing.

" Babe? Am sorry," he apologized, holding my hands," mum told me everything you told them and I felt bad.
Instead of me hearing you out,I walked away,am sorry,"

I hugged him tightly and he did the same," I should have told you. Am sorry,I promise to never keep anything from you,"

" Can we start all over, Eva?" It felt weird hearing something call me by that name, after such a long time.

" Yes, but I am no longer Eva but Vanessa," I smiled.

" I will respect that,"he nodded and kissed me.

" Love is beautiful," aunt Mercy who had just entered the living room, commented.

" I know right," we laughed.

" Mum is inviting you both to a come together dinner tonight," he invited us.

" Including me?" I protected.

" He said both," aunt reminded.

" Ok fine,we'll be there," I promised and he nodded.

" See you then I have work," and he walked out, after giving me that forehead kiss that I missed.

" Told you everything will be fine,he loves you way too much and for the long time I have worked for his family,I have never seen him love someone that much," she commented.

" How long have you known them,"

" For 24 years now?"

" Wow?" I exclaimed.

" Yes baby," she smiled proudly.

" I guess you can officially call yourself a Lweendo," I laughed.

" Maybe," she smiled.

Thanks for reading please vote on the 🌟 below and comment.