chapter 7

Eva's pov......

" This office belongs the both of you, as you are training," Chris told Sam and me as we were having the orientations.

The office was beautiful, well organized, and spacious.
The right side of the room was all white,
It had a wooden table with three chairs, one near the widow and guest chairs in front of the table.
The bookshelf, not far from the table, had books and files packed in order.
There were two white sofas turned to face each other and a table between them.

The left side had everything in black and it was designed exactly like the right side, but it only differed in color.

" This is a joke isn't it?" Sam exclaimed, resentfully looking around.

" Is there a problem?" Chris asked, turning to look at her.

" Obviously," she answered, fixing her stare at him," why do we have to share an office as if we are twins?"

" Sam, since we're both training, it's right we stay here together," I jumped in, "am sure it's just for a short while,"

" Yes," Chris seconded," for your training,"

" You are just speaking rubbish," she said and walked out.

" Sorry about that," I apologized to Chris, who looked puzzled," you will get used to her,"

Though the last part wasn't necessary, it was going I prepared him for future (Samantha) outcome, she was unpredictable, she laughed when least expected and would be mean when you least expected it again.

******""

Sam's pov......

I wasn't going to let this happen, why should we act like we were some sort of twins that enjoyed being together?
So just because I accepted everything in the past to do with Eva, daddy thought it would continue to be like that, even things that were not necessarily like an office.

I entered daddy's office and found him with three men and to the look of things, it looked like a meeting.

" Daddy, I need to have a word with you," I demanded, ignoring the shocked stares the fat hippos were giving me.

" Sam can't it wait, am in an important meeting," he declined.

" No it can't," I said and started walking out," and don't keep me waiting,"

" Am sorry sir, I tried to stop her," Joseph, his secretary apologized as soon as he came out of his office.

" It's fine," he answered and gestured for him to go.

" What is wrong sam?" He said, turning to look at me.

" I don't want to share an office with Eva, "I demanded, grumpy.

" Is that why you disturbed my meeting," he asked disappointed.

" Oh ok, since whatever you were doing in there is important, you go back in there but have this in mind, am equally leaving and never coming back," I threatened with a smirk as I folded my arms.

" Look Sam do as you wish, am In the middle of something important," he said and turned to walk away.

" Just what I thought, you don't care, if it was Eva or Becca, you would be running around to do something, but since it's me, you don't care,  anyway, I don't mind," I said, and equally turned to walk away, but his voice made Me stop.

" You know that's not true," he said and pulled me to follow him.

One thing I love about myself, I know how to play mind games with people, which enabled me to get everything I wanted.

Eva's pov...

Daddy walked in with Sam following him behind.

" Chris," he called as we looked at him" prepare another office for Sam,"

Sam cleared her throat, to get his attention,

" And it should be black," he finished and she smiled.

" Not a problem, I will have people working on it and by tomorrow it will be ready," he promised and daddy nodded.

" You can work from here today," he said, turning to look at Sam who was behind him.

" No, since I don't have an office, it's my day off," she answered and laughed," later losers,"
She left immediately before anyone could say a word.

"  You also need a day off?" Daddy asked me and I shook my head
" No, I will work," and he nodded.

Day off, was he kidding me, I waited for this day since I was a small girl, to just let it slide.
Having Sam as a sister was annoying at times because those that met her before me thought I was like her, and those that met me first were disappointed after meeting her.

********

" How was your first day?" Nanny Dorothy asked as she was seated on my bed.

" Exciting and interesting, but kinda exhausting,'' I answered, joining her on the bed.

" Any cute guy," she asked, making me chock on my milk.

" Nanny Dorothy!'' I cried, putting the cup down.

" What'' she said laughing.
" Don't ever ask me that again," I warned narrowing my eyes at her.

" You can't always run away from love you know," she warned beating her lower lip.

They say experience is the best teacher but is experience on someone else really a teacher? I can't say I had the worst relationship experience because if not non then I had one ex-boyfriend.
I grew up a good girl that never exposed myself to teenage relationships, I guess I was waiting for the right Moses to free me from Egypt.
My parents shared the best relationship, I never saw them fight or argue.
Daddy loved mother so much and respected her, and mother reciprocated.
But my sisters on the other hand, young as they were, they would meet the worst men, some would go to an extent of beating them, especially Sam.
Sad as that was, they never stopped.
Not just them, many of the women I knew experienced the worsted love life so because of that, I was scared of just taking the step to give my heart to someone.

Author's note
_____________________________

Thank you for reading.
Love, what is the worst thing you have seen happen to people In love and what advice can you give to Eva who is scared of love, give your views in the comment section.
Don't forget to vote.
WriterMimi

.