chapter 12

Becca's pov.....

This day was one of the happiest days of my life, I was going to meet up with Chris, the nicest person I met.

He was cute, handsome, nice,
I have run out of words, but he was the best.

Though my sister Eva and Nanny Dorothy kept saying I was too young for love, but I just couldn't give a blind eye to Chris.

We met at daddy's party, and I remember liking him at first sight.
His confidence, and calmness, just got my attention.
I remember running away from the party with him after we had gotten drunk, and like I told Eva, we later had sex.

We had started meeting since then, though not often because he lived in a different town.
I tried to plead with him to let me tell daddy to transfer him to Lusaka, but he was so stubborn.
What else????
Oh right, he hadn't, asked me to be his girlfriend yet, but I knew he loved me.

" Hi someone?" I greeted Chris, who was pulling a chair for himself to a seat.

" Hi, Rabbecca? How is the beautiful you?" He said winking at me.

" Fine now that I have seen you," I answered blushing.

" Just as I thought,"

" How was your flight?" I asked staring at his perfect face.

Eshi I guess God did take time when creating that person, the way his lips curved in a smile was just unique, his dental formula when he smiled, made me wish he smiled every time.
His eyes were dark brown, as dark as chocolate.
I loved the way he maintained this hair, clean and short.
He was always smartly dressed and I think I had never seen him In casual.
Eshi, what a Creation.

" Fine I guess," he answered leaning back on the chair.

The waiter come and we made our order.

" I guess you are enjoying, now that your sisters are back?" He asked, taking a sip of wine.

" Yes, but it feels like they are still in London," I answered frowning.

" Why do say so?" he worried.

" They have been busy, especially Eva, it's work after work, even on the weekends," I Complained.

It didn't feel like Eva was back, she was always away, even on the weekends, and the way I knew my sister, she was a work freak.

I don't know what kept Sam busy because I was sure it wasn't work.

" Growth comes with responsibility, you will understand soon," he said smirking.

" Is that why you don't want to transfer here?" I asked as the waitress put our food on the table.

" Thank you," I nodded to her after she was done and she left.

" Are you always going to ask me the same thing?'' he questioned pressing his lips together.

" I will stop if you agree to my request," I answered and put a spoon of salad in my mouth.

" It's not as easy as you think honey,''

" Maybe next time, I will come and visit," I promised and he nodded.

" I'll let you know," he answered and I nodded.

We finished up with our meals and we went out for a movie.

*******

After an existing day with Chris, he took me back home but refused to enter inside, so after seeing him off, I entered the house.

I was puzzled to find Eva in the tv room, watching her favorite boring series.

" Eva?" I called amused.
" Hi, sis?" She greeted smiling at me.

" You are home?" I asked still watching her from the entrance.

" Yes, daddy gave us a day off, so am just home resting,"

Those words got me back in motion and I ran to embrace her.
" I missed you so much, it was like you were still In London,''

" Where were you?" She asked pulling off.

" Remember Chris?" I asked fixing my gaze at her.

" The guy you just met and had sex with," she reminded me, rolling her eyes.

" Yes him," I answered laughing," I was with him, we went out on a date,"

" I don't remember you telling me, you were dating,"

" Eva," I cried, beating my hand on my forehead," we are not dating, but we have been going out,"

" Wow," she said shaking with laughter," you said he works for GAI?"

" Yes, Ndola Branch," I told her and she released a breath.

" What's with the breath?" I worried, glancing away from her.

" Am just happy," she added and continued laughing.

" One thing hates me about him though," I stated, frowning.

" What?" She asked curiously.

" He hasn't proposed yet," I cried, leaning back on the sofa.

" Silly you," she laughed, "you guys have to get to know each other first, then you will take things to another level,"

" That's what nanny Dorothy has been telling me, but am running out of patience," I cried throwing my head back.

" She knows?" She stared with eyes wide open.

" Can anyone hide anything from her?" I asked rolling my eyes.

" You are right," she laughed," things will work out, don't worry,"

" It's my prayer," I muttered.

" But anyway, I understand how you feel," she said, making me curious.

" You do?"I  Questioned, "how?"

" How do I put it?" She started smiling," am crushing on someone at work,"

Hearing her say that,    I screamed and she covered my mouth.

" Becca," she cried, holding tightly.

" I can't hold myself," I cried, laughing.

My sister? liking someone, I seriously was excited.
Eva was a dating freak, she always spoke against dating.
For as far as I remembered, she always spoke ewe of it and said she would never be in a relationship.

" I want to know everything," I said looking at her with excitement.

" His name is Chris, but I prefer calling him Choolwe, just to be unique.
We work together and spend almost the whole day together, I guess that is why I fell for him," she said and giggled.

" Chris?" I worried.

" Don't worry, this one works from the main branch here," she answered laughing.

" Has he proposed yet?" I asked curiously.

" Not yet," she answered sighing.

" Why do they always have to take time, it's annoying," I cried leaning back.

" Who would dare just easily propose to a Kangwa daughter, the guts of the person," nanny Dorothy's voice came from behind us.

" You were eavesdropping on our conversation?" I asked shaking with laughter, but someone was too embarrassed to look at her, so she hid her face.

" You don't have to hide your face baby, I knew this day would come," nanny Dorothy laughed.

Eva got up Immediately and ran out.
Seeing this, we laughed.

Finally done 😅
How did you find Becca's pov? Interesting right? Comment.
Don't forget to vote on the 🌟 below.