chapter 8

Sam's pov...

     After a long boring day at work, I decided to meet up with my girl for a drink.
I kept praying and hoping she was with those guys I met the previous day, especially the cute one, what was his name again? right, William.
The way he looked at me with those shy dark eyes of his, got my hormones functioning again.

    "Hey, baby?" I greeted Tasila who was already at the bar.

" hi darling?" she greeted pecking at my cheeks,'' how was work?"
" boring and tiring," I answered sitting down, "where are the guys, especially that cute one?"
I asked blushing.

" I just texted them there will be here," she answered, putting  her phone on the table, " I see someone is falling for William,"

" His cute ok," I blinked playfully and she laughed.

  " Talk of the devil," she whispered, causing me to turn in the direction she was looking at.

" Hi, Sam?" Jamie greeted, seating next to Tasila.

" Hi," I answered cheerfully.
" Hi love," he greeted, kissing Tasi's lips.

Wow, are they dating or flirting?

As I was still trying to figure things out, William who was now sitting next to me, tickled my side,

" Hi there," I greeted after a giggle.

" Hi beautiful," he smiled.

" So am invisible today," Tasi complained fixing her gaze at Willi.

" Sorry princess, Ms beauty here, has just caught my sight,"

I couldn't keep myself from blushing.

" Enough with the drama, let the day begin," Jamie came in.

" Someone bring the bartender over here!" I shouted.

We made our orders and after a few minutes, our beer was brought nice and cold.

After 3,4 bottles Tasi and Jamie walked to the dance floor, leaving Willi and me alone.

" I hope I didn't put you in trouble yesterday?" I worried, fixing my stare at him.

That guy was already getting me head over hills and it was like the more I looked at him, the cuter he become.
How could God create such a perfect figure, everything in its right place, his eyes, ears, nose, name it?

" It was worth it," he smiled, "but I must say, your family is not friendly,"

That was something I was very much aware of, my family was a definition of frecks, if not a family member, they never talked to that person.

" I hope they didn't do anything silly?" I asked, rolling my eyes in irritation.

" I don't know if that's your sister, she closed the door on my face, making me look like a fool," he complained frowning.

" Describe her,"
" Dark in complexion, short and chubby, I don't remember much because I didn't look at her that long,"

Eva! Why was she that rude?
She had always been rude and worthless towards my friends.
I remember back in London, she got one arrested for beating me up as if I asked for her help.
Whoever told her, that being my elder sister, meant being my guard, did the worst thing.
I wasn't going to let that pass, closing the door on his face, she had done her worst.

" It will never happen again," I promised, Cooking up a smile.

*******"

Eva's pov.....

Sam banged into my room, as she always did when she was upset with me about something.

I turned to look at her, as she matched to my bed, where I was laying down.

" Eva!" She called narrowing her eyes at me.

" Yes Sam," I answered, sitting up and dropping my phone on the bed to give her all the attention.

" Why did you close the door on the guy that brought me back home last night?" She asked pointing her finger at me.

Anyone that Knew Sam knew how disrespectful she was, she didn't care who it was that she was talking to, to her as long as her point was made, she cared less.

" What was I supposed to do? Invite him in for coffee?" I sassed and laughed a bit.

" It's not funny Eva," she complained exasperatedly sighing.

" No seriously, what was I supposed to do? that guy brought you back late at night, imagine if daddy came out and asked who he was," I challenged," and you know me, I don't lie, I would have told him everything, who would be basted? You," I pointed, "so if I were you, I would be grateful unlike you coming from wherever to disturb my peace,"
I rolled back on my bed after seeing how speechless she was.

" Just stay away from my friends," she warned and started walking away.

" Don't forget to close my door!'' I shouted laughing.

******

"It's just a week and you are already working yourself this much," Chris, who had just entered my office, commented.

" Did I ask you to come in?" I asked not sparing him a glance.

I hated it when someone got so comfortable with me, especially someone I barely knew.
Being my assistant manager didn't make us buddies.
people didn't just win a trip to my cycle, they earned it and that's what I wanted him to do, earn the privilege.

" Not really," he said smiling shyly.

" Then please, go out, Knock, and when I ask you to come in, then you can come on," I said smiling at him.

Embarrassed, he got up and walked out.

I know he felt disrespected, but I was just trying to draw a line between us, we were not at the same level, and I was his boss.

" Come in!" I shouted and he walked in quietly.

" Hi?"I greeted," how may I help you?"

" May I sit?" He got permission, just as I liked it.

" Yes sure," I said nodding.

" I came to inform you that we are having a meeting with Mr. Kangwa at 1 pm,"

" How come my secretary didn't mention it," I asked running through my daily  schedule,

" He just announced it to me late," he answered and I nodded.

" Ok, I will be there," I told him," anything else?"

" Not that's all,"
" Thank you," I said and he stood up and left...

Am not bad, I just put people in their place......

That's it for this chapter, hope you like it, don't forget to comment and vote.
LeeleeKez