chapter 46

Eva's POV

" You told me nanny Dorothy was here? So where is she?" Evans asked, sitting on my bed, where I had been lying.

" She went back today," I answered, sitting up.

" Already?" He was surprised.

" Yes, she came to deliver some bad news and then left," I spoke bitterly.

" About your parents?'' he fixed his gaze on my face, which was gloomy.

" I was abandoned by my mother at the hospital when I was just born," I fought the tears in my eyes.

" And your father?"

'' my mother was just raped by a man she didn't know," I couldn't hold the tears any longer.

" Am sorry," he pulled me in an embrace.

" Here I was hating mother and daddy when they are the best people on earth.
They gave me life when I was a nobody," I cried, still buried in his arms.

" Everything happens for a reason," he advised.

Says a person with both parents.

" Don't hate your mother, because am sure she had her reasons for doing what she did,"

" What reasons can someone honestly have for abandoning a baby at a hospital?" The more I thought about it, the more it ate me up inside.

" I know it's not easy, but let's look on the bright side of everything," there he was with that statement again," people throw their babies away, some would kill them or let them die out of hunger, but she saved you from all that and left you, knowing you would be safer there,"

" It's the same thing, what if I had died," I challenged.

" But you didn't,"

" I still hate her and I will always do," I said outrageously.

I know he was disappointed, but I didn't want to hide how I felt from him, I was hate and it wasn't easy to hide it.

" Aunt Mercy adopted me," I changed the subject.

" Really?" He smiled," am happy for you,"

" Thank you," I propped on his lap, looking up at him.

" I sent my papers to Lusaka for consideration," he informed.

" You want this?'' I sighed, rolling my eyes.

" It's a promotion babe," he laughed.

" Am I supposed to move there with you?" I winced looking at his face.

" As long as you have this ring on your finger, you have no choice," he smirked.

" I hate you," I sat up.

" I love you more," he kissed my neck from behind.

.............................

Evans' POV..........

I just didn't know why my parents couldn't just agree with my marriage to Vanessa.
I loved her and would do anything to make her mine forever.
She made me feel complete, happy, and alive again.

" Why can't you just find a decent girl for yourself?" Mother's voice was the first to be heard.

" Oh, so she is not decent?" I challenged and she became uncomfortable.

" She doesn't mean that son," the husband defended, "Vanessa has a complicated story, she doesn't have parents, or a family, we can't risk you being involved with her son.
She is a beautiful girl, talented, well groomed, and hard-working, but she isn't the perfect match for you,"

" Am so disappointed with you," I looked at my parents, who were standing in front of me, but looked nervous about something, so I decided to turn and look at what they were looking at.

" Eva?" I called and she ran away, after dropping the files she had in her hands.

She had been working as my father's secretary after losing her job at the supermarket.

" This is all your fault," I pointed, before running after her.

" Babe please wait for me!'' I shouted running towards her.

I managed to catch up with her and stopped her from taking any step feather.

" Let go of me!" She Shook out of my hold.

" Babe look, whatever you heard from my parents, is not happening," I tried to hold her hand, but she moved.

" Why didn't you just tell me the truth?" She glared at me.

'' I didn't know how to do it," I scratched the back of my head, "I love you and it is you I want to be with,"

I took the moment she started crying as an opportunity to pull her in my hands.

" Am sorry you had to hear that," I whispered in her ears as she sobbed in my arms.

................

Eva's POV.....

I didn't believe what I heard from Mirriam and Mr. Lweendo.
I can't say I was disappointed, because I somehow expected it.

How could any parents allow their son to marry a girl who had no life, but was just a nobody?

" Vanessa?" Mr. Lweendo called immediately after I entered his office.

" Am sorry for dropping the files, that was so unprofessional," I apologized, putting them on his table.

" am sorry you had to hear all that," Mirriam spoke, causing me to turn to her, "but whatever we said, is true.
Vee, you're a very good person, calm and harding working, but we want more for our son.
Like someone who comes from a decent family and has a life. I hope you understand what I mean,"

I tolerated Samantha saying shit about me all my life.
She would say so much and I would just brush it off, in the name of she is my little sister.
But I made a vow, to make sure all that would never happen again, I wouldn't let anyone step on my feet again.
The Lweendos might have done so much for me in the past, but that didn't give them the authority to step on my toes.

I throw the files on the table, violently, causing them to frighten.

" The world might insult me and I would take it but coming from you, am disappointed,'' I glanced from one person to the other," cursed is he who puts his trust in man, I shouldn't be surprised,"

" Vanessa understand," Mr. Lweendo spoke calmly.

" My name is Eva, not Vanessa," I turned to look at them, before opening the door," and I don't want to work here anymore,"

I walked out, as they barely said a word.
I knew my behavior might have disappointed them, but I cared less about it.

Author's note

My first point of view, for a male character, I hope you enjoyed it.
The truth heir has so much drama, so get used to it.
Nevertheless, don't forget to comment and vote......