chapter 3

Eva's pov...

" good morning daddy?" I greeted him as I was pulling a chair for myself at the dining table.

" Good morning sweetie?" He answered with that beautiful smile he always had in the morning.

" Morning mother?"

" Morning," she answered, not sparing me a glance.

" Morning sweetheart?" Nanny Dorothy who had just entered the dining room greeted me and placed a kiss on my cheek.

" Morning," I responded smiling.

I love this woman, beautiful, kind, patient, sweet, name it.
I don't know why I always felt more connected to her than to women in my family.
Whenever I had a problem, I would run to her first, then daddy.
The old woman was more than a nanny to us, she was a mother.
For as far as I could remember, she was always there.
  our mother was the busy, party, woman type, and so nanny Dorothy was always the one to do everything for us.
For me who was never close to my mother, she played the mother figure in my life perfectly.

I sometimes felt guilty about how I had connected to her, an outsider to the women in my family.
But you can't blame me, first, my mother was a stranger to me, for as far as I could remember, I had never sat down with my mother to have a normal conversation, except when she wanted to tease, yell or scold me.
My mother's mum, grandma Ruth, used to be nice to me, but for some reason, she suddenly changed. She would treat the three of us the same, but a time came when she just became cold to me.
From daddy's side, daddy's mum, grandma Gloria was hard, not just to me but to Sam and Becca too, but the hardest on me.
Nevertheless, her sister grandma Maria was different, she was nice, and friendly and loved us all equally.

I guess that's the main reason I connected to nanny Dorothy who was just the best.

" Morning parents, nanny Dorothy?" Becca greeted as she sat down.

" Morning Becca?" Mother started,
" Morning sweetie," daddy followed,
" I hope you had a great night," nanny Dorothy finished.

" My night was great, sleeping in Eva's room," she answered with a smirk, causing me to roll my eyes in irritation.

" You are never coming back there," I promised her and she laughed.

Samantha walked In, pulled a chair for herself, and sat, without saying a word to anyone.

" Morning Sam?'' mother and Nanny Dorothy greeted her.

" Morning," she answered, not looking at anyone but the cup she was pouring coffee in.

My sister Samantha was different from Rabbecca and me, she was; mean, cold, and less friendly, and she would barely get along with anyone apart from mother.
She was the type that liked to cause trouble, and would never want to be controlled as a result, daddy and her, were not always on their best team.
I guess I wasn't the only one not getting along with a parent.

" Now that the two of you are here, I want to let you both know that tomorrow, you will start working at the company," daddy announced and Sam and l gasped at the same time.

" Wow! Really?" I spoke first, excited and he nodded.

" What?" Sam exclaimed annoyed.

" Is there a problem Sam?'' he asked turning to look at her.

" Why should we start working so soon? It's barely a week since we got here and you want us to go to work? No, it's not fair," she declined, glaring at daddy.

" Sam, you know we have to start our training as soon as possible, in readiness for any future outcome," I reminded her.

" Just shut up Eva,'' she shouted glaring at me.

" Eva is right, you two need to start your training as soon as possible, the company is growing and it will need proper management, which can best come from you my daughters," he explained, but she didn't look convinced.

" I still don't get why we can't rest, I don't know about Ms good over here," she pointed at me," but I want to rest, am still tired,"

" Sam, what is wrong with you?" Mother asked grumpily.

" Nothing is wrong with me, but I'm not going anywhere tomorrow," she exclaimed standing up.

" Dear sit down and have your breakfast," nanny Dorothy tried to pull her to sit, but she pushed her hand away.

" Just leave me alone Dorothy," she said and started walking away.

" Samantha come back here!" Daddy shouted but Sam banged the door closed.

" I will talk to her," mother promised after glancing at him.

" Please do," he said standing up.

" Aren't you finishing up with your breakfast?" She asked staring at him as he was getting his keys to leave.

" Your daughter ruined my appetite," he complained and closed his way out of the dining room.

" Drama has started," Becca muted to herself, rolling her eyes.

It was the way mother looked at her that made me almost laugh.

*******

Sam's pov.....

Drama drama.
Whatever demon brought me back home.
I hated that place, it was irritation after irritation. Having parents that think you are their Puppet, is the worst, for some reason, my parents thought I was Eva that danced to their every tune, very annoying.
And that Eva had the guts to open her mouth and support whatever foolishness daddy was saying, so dumb.

I rushed back to my room after the annoying conversation in the dining room.
Got my phone and sat on my bed, to help me forget about everything.

" What was that behavior you portrayed young lady?!" Mother who had just entered my room shouted.

I had a feeling she was coming, I should have locked the door.

I glanced at her and back at my phone, saying no word.
Just one word to her is an essay of lectures, not ones you would enjoy hearing.

" Sam!" She called, grabbing my phone.

" Mother!" I exclaimed, glaring at her.

" Listen and listen clear, make it the last time you ague with you father like that," she warned, "and whether you like it or not, you are going for work tomorrow, better start preparing,"
  she throw my phone back at me and started walking away, but stopped after hearing my voice.

" It's not like anything I want is ever given to me, am like the little Puppet that you always boss around,"

She didn't say a word but just walked out.

They are all the same, just pieces of shit.
I hate this place......

Author's note...
_____________________________
Thank you for reading, it's a pleasure to know that you have come this far, continue with the support,

How are finding the sisterS? Give your views.
Don't be a ghost reader, vote on the 🌟 below.