chapter 23

Becca's pov.....

   I had arrived home, from an educational vacation in Kenya, where we had been gone for two months.
     Seeing the pictures that Eva and Sam had sent, I knew I missed so much.

I barely entered the house, when my phone rang.

"Hi, Becca?" Sam greeted me, immediately I answered her call.

" Hi, Sam?"
" Are you back already?" She asked.

" Yes, am almost entering the living room,"
" Can you come to GAI immediately?" She demanded.
" Sam, I just arrived, I need to rest, maybe later," I declined, opening the door.

"Hi, Becca?" Mother who was heading in my direction greeted me.

" It's important, I promise it won't take long," she pleaded.

" Sam!"
" Come on Becca," she begged.
" Ok fine I'll be there," I gave in.

" See you then,'' and she hung up.

" Who was that?" Mother asked pulling off from the embrace.

" Sam," I scoffed.

" What does she want?"
" She wants me to go to GAI right now," I complained.

"Right now?" She asked, "why?"

" I don't know....let me just rush there, I will be back soon," I told her and she nodded.

" Ok,"
" Tell nanny Dorothy to prepare my favorite meal," I shouted before finally walking out.

*********

" Becca!" Sam who I found waiting by the reception called.

" Hi, Samantha?" I greeted hugging her," What's the big emergency?"

" Emergency?" She played dumb

" Why you rushed me here?" I played along.

" I just missed you," she laughed.

" Really Sam, I just arrived and you brought me all this way to tell me you miss me? wow," I complained, frowning.

" Becca?" Eva who was heading towards us surprised, called.

" Eva!" I shouted and ran to hug her.

" What time did you arrive?"

" An hour ago?" I answered smiling.

" What are you doing here?" She asked curiously.

'' you should ask Sam," I hit her with a glance and rolled my eyes.

The person I saw heading to the elevator, made me blink again, to make sure my eyes were not playing a trick on me.

" Chris?" I called and he looked at me," Chris it is you,"

I ran towards him and immediately I got to where he was, I hugged him tightly, but he didn't respond.

" I missed you so much, I was planning to come to Ndola tomorrow, just to come and see you, but here you are. Am so happy to see you," I told him as I pulled off, but he looked like someone who didn't know who I was or was surprised by what was going on.

" What's going on here?" Eva who was now standing in front of us asked," you guys know each other?"

" Yes Eva, this is the guy I have always been telling you about, Chris," I answered cheerfully.

" Am confused," she laughed.

" Let me clear the confusion," Sam who had now reached us spoke," this is Chris the guy Becca has a crush on and he is also the same Chris, Eva's boyfriend,"

" Boyfriend?" I asked now confused.

He couldn't be Eva's boyfriend, that was my Chris, the man I loved, the man I was going to spend the rest of my life with, I wasn't accepting that he was Eva's boyfriend, no, no, no....!!!

" Chris? mind to put us in the right place please?" Eva demanded, fixing her gaze at that bastard I loved.

" Eva..... Am sorry, I just didn't.... know how to open up," he spoke, cracking.

" So it's true?" Tears were now dropping.

" Becca am sorr....." Before I could hear him finish his sentence, I started walking away, backward.

My Chris?.... this can't be true,......no.....am dreaming, all this is just a dream.....

" No!!!!!!" I shouted and ran away.

All this time Eva told me about her boyfriend, she was referring to Chris, my Chris, no, no, no, I can't contain the pain.

I didn't know what time I got home but I remember standing in front of the entrance, with no energy to stand.
I fell to the floor and Nanny Dorothy, who saw me, helped me seat with the help of Mr. Ben.

" What happened?" She asked worried," Becca say something,"

" What's wrong with her?" Mother who had just arrived, asked.

" She just walked in like this and she is not saying anything," nanny Dorothy answered.

" Rabbecca my dear, please tell me what's wrong," mother demanded.

I looked at my mother's worried face and could not hold it any longer, so I began to cry.

" Becca!" Eva who had just entered shouted.
She immediately ran to my seat," Becca, am sorry I didn't also know,''

" Eva, what happened?" Mother and Nanny Dorothy both asked.

" Becca please say something," she ignored the two and I guess mother got upset.

" Eva say something!" Mother shouted.

" I will tell you,'' Sam who was heading towards us, spoke.

" How can I put it..... Eva is dating the guy Becca loves,"

" It's not like that Sam," Eva shouted.

" You didn't want to speak, so let her talk," mother ordered.

" She is not saying the truth!" She shouted standing up.

" No Eva, I don't mean to trash your name, I know you are equally a victim," Sam softened her voice.

" You should be ashamed of yourself Eva, even your youngest sister!" Mother shouted also standing up.

" Natasha!" Nanny Dorothy shouted," listen to her side as well,"

" Chris Is the lier mother, he lied to them and played with the both of them," Sam explained.

I think their voices were irritating me, I needed to think and cry, so I got up immediately and ran to my room.

" If anything happens to her, I will deal with you," mother threatened, pointing at Eva.

" Do your worst," she said and walked away.

Don't forget to vote and comment.....