chapter 47

Eva's POV.......

I had been crying from the time I got back from Mr. Lweendo's office.

" I can't believe it, why would Mirriam say such things to you?" Mum Mercy who was comforting me spoke.

" I love Evans mum," I said, between my sobs.

" I know," she tightened her embrace.

" Babe," Evan who had just entered, called.

" I will leave you two to talk," mum said and walked out.

" Babe, am sorry, don't take it at heart," he sat on the bed.

" I resigned," I confessed, sitting up.

" Because of what you heard?" disappointment was heard in his voice.

" They confronted me," I couldn't look at him.

" Am sorry for all this babe," he wiped my tears," I will make this right, take my word,"

I couldn't say a word but just nodded.

.....................

Becca's pov.......

Nathan and I preferred staying at mother and daddy's house because it was more peaceful than our home.

My husband, that devil was the worst person on earth, not only did he abuse me, but his son as well.
I hated him and been near him any second, I would have killed him.

Nathan, Nanny Dorothy, and I were in the living, playing a game of cards, when a police officer, walked in.

" Good afternoon Mrs. Choolwe, Ms. Dorothy?" He Greeted.

" Hi officer," I answered, standing up.

" My name is officer Moyo," he showed us his Identity card," Mrs. Samantha Bwalya, was involved in an accident and is currently at Mai sepa hospital,"

" What!" I exclaimed.

" what happened?" Nanny Dorothy also asked.

" We are still investigating the case, but the only information we can give is that she is in the hospital,"

" Thank you, we will go there immediately," I said, lifting Nathan.

" I will inform Jaden," nanny Dorothy, who was running upstairs, offered.

........................

We got to the hospital in 20 minutes and after checking in at OPD, we were directed to the intensive care until.

" Doctor?" Daddy called, the woman who was leaving Sam's room," we were informed my daughter was brought here, where is she?"

" Oh hi Mr. Kangwa, am Dr. Morris, am the one attending to your daughter," she introduced herself," yes, Samantha was brought here after being involved in an accident at Bama road,"

" Will she be fine?" I asked.

" We can't say much as of now, but she will be going into surgery soon," she informed," the only problem we have is that she has lost a lot of blood, we can't seem to find a match for her in any of our blood banks.
We would appreciate a donor,"

" I will do it, am her father," daddy volunteered.

" The nurse will show you to the donation room," she told him, pointing at the nurse who was standing next to her.

" Come with me sir," nurse Chipego, as I read on her name tag, called and he followed her.

" Can we see her?" Nanny Dorothy asked the doctor.

" No, not until the surgery is performed," she declined, "for now, you can wait on the waiting bench, this area is not safe for the baby,"

" Have you called her husband?" Nanny Dorothy, asked, as we were heading to the bench.

" It's off," I answered barely looking at her.

" And Natasha?"

" She said she is on her way," I answered.

.................

Daddy came back with the nurse following him behind.

" Is it done?" I asked, standing up.

" His blood didn't match the patient's," nurse Chipego informed.

" Try mine, am her sister," I volunteered and she nodded.

" Come with me," she instructed and I followed her, after handing Nathan to nanny.

" How was it possible that your blood and hers didn't match?" Nanny Dorothy asked daddy, who was still standing.

" Her blood group is OO+ while mine is AB-," he informed her.

" How is that possible?" She asked surprised.

" I don't know," he shook his head.

************

One week later......

I donated blood to Sam and the surgery was successful.

She had even started getting better and was discharged.
Her legs had been the most affected parts and so, she was given a wheelchair.

Mother, Sam, Nanny Dorothy, the child, and I were in the living room when daddy walked in peeved.

" Where is your husband?" He asked, walking straight to Sam.

" He is....," She couldn't answer, I guess it was because of how he had come out.

" Jaden?" Mother stood up, "how can you just walk in and shout at Sam, when you know she isn't still too well,"

" Just stay out of this," he pointed at her,
" and you!'' he shouted, turning to look at Sam, "where is that thief you call your husband!''

" I don't know," she turned away from his glare," I haven't been able to reach him for a month now,"

" Listen, I don't know what games you and him have been playing, but I want you to bring back all the money that has been lost for the past two years or you will go to jail,"

" Daddy!" I shouted frightened.
Would he go to that extent?

" And just so you may know, the board has dropped you as the CEO of GAI," he added, before starting to walk away.

" Jaden what is wrong with you?" Mother asked before he could walk away," you haven't been the same for the past one week.
You come home late and something don't come home at all, why are you doing this?"

The tears in my mother's eyes made me so emotional.

He didn't say a word but just walked away.

Mother ran upstairs, with tears in her eyes.

All my life of being with my parents, I had never seen them that way or even fight.
All that was strange to me and my prayer was God saved them.

That's it for today, hope you enjoyed it.
Don't miss the next chapter, it has something interesting, can you guess?
Nevertheless, don't forget to comment and vote...