chapter 45

Mercy's pov......

Mother entered my house, surprising me,
When did she arrive?
Did She inform Vee that she was coming?
I now couldn't understand what was happening.

" Mother?" I asked perplexedly," why didn't you call to tell me you were coming?"

" I called Eva, didn't she tell you?"
Just what I thought.

" Is she home yet?" She asked sitting down.

" Not yet," I answered, handing her a glass of juice.

" Even better," she said, shocking me," I need to talk to you,"

Now she was scaring me, whenever mother said that it wasn't something friendly.

" About what?'' I worried, sitting down.

" I found your daughter," she frightened me.

My daughter? Asin the little girl I left behind? How? where? I knew mother was obsessed with it, but I didn't think it was to that extent.

" How?" I asked, fixing my gaze at her.

" Remember Dr. Maria?" She asked and I nodded," she told me what happened, how she hit you with her car, how your baby was born premature and how you left her behind.
And after I related it to your story, it had so many similarities,"

" So where is she?" I asked amused," she is alive,"

" You have been living with her for almost two years now,"
I felt my heart suddenly beating faster.
Vanessa? She is my daughter? I couldn't believe it, but my heart was filled with joy, if she was just playing a prank on me, I would have fainted, because the joy I was feeling was just overwhelming.

    How I felt connected to her, the first day I met her, now made sense, she's my daughter, my little girl.

How was I going to tell her, she would hate me and the privilege that God had given me to finally be with her, would go to worst.
No, I couldn't let that happen, I wasn't going to lose my beautiful baby girl again.

" Vanessa?" My voice came out hoarse.

" Yes, she is your long-lost daughter Mercy, the one you left at the hospital," she just had to remind me.

Look on the bright side, she grew up in her father's house and enjoyed his wealth as she was supposed to.

" She is going to be so happy to know the truth," she cheered.

" No mother, you can't tell her the truth right now,"

" Are you kidding me? Why not?" She asked, disappointed.

" Mother, I left her at the hospital,28 years ago and you want me to just suddenly tell her," you are my daughter and I left you at the hospital, "Do you think she will be happy to hear that? Her father told her about the adoption and that was the last time he saw her.
Do you want me to go through the same thing? I lost my girl for 28 years mother I wouldn't want to experience that again," I cried, wiping the tears that were falling down my cheeks.

" But keeping the truth from her is what hates her the most. You are running away from her again Mercy,"

" I will tell her the truth, not just today," I promised her," please understand,"

" Mercy," she tried to convince,
" Mother she is my daughter, not yours," I raised my voice.

" Nanny Dorothy?" Vanessa's voice made us turn to the door," you have already arrived,"