chapter 55

Eva's POV .....

'' Hi, my love?" Mum greeted me on a phone call.

" Hi, mum how are you?" I greeted her, putting my handbag on the bed.

" Am ok," she answered, "congratulations on being the new CEO of GAI, am sure you must be very happy,"

" I don't know if am happy or not, the news came so sudden and it comes with a lot of responsibility," I sat on the bed and sighed, before continuing,"  Maybe if he had prepared me, I would be more aware. Not only that, the board doesn't seem to be in full support of me as their CEO,"

" Don't always expect to be aware of the opportunity you receive, because if so, you will miss the meaning of an opportunity," I heard her laugh, "you have always managed GAI with your father but it's now time you did things on your own.
Am sure Jaden has raised you better than a scared chicken.
You can do it and in case you need help, we are here for you,"

" Thank you mum, I needed to hear from you," I smiled.

" Take care of yourself my darling," she said before hanging up.

" Congratulations," a voice came from my behind, making me turn.

" Thank you, my love," I giggled, looking at Evans who was leaning against the door.

" When is the party?" He teased, walking towards me.

" Later, there is so much I have to work on before I can finally take up the position," I explained.

" Am here if you need anything," he kissed my cheeks.

'' I know," I muttered.

" We have to start working on the wedding," he informed me,

" Have you told daddy about it?''

" I had the whole afternoon to talk with him," he sighed.

" You two are bonding?'' I laughed.

" He is not the easy type, but yes, am trying my best," he answered anxiously.

" You will do it,'' I assured him.

***********

Sam's POV ......

I had never experienced the worst time in my life like that.
No work, no parents, broken, disappointed and as if going through all that wasn't enough, that animal in a human body made my life a living hell.
He would beat me up, go away from my daughter and me, sexually abuse me, and torture me.
He sold all our property, including some of my clothes and my daughter's.
I was too depressed to find a job or put my life together.
Daddy had made sure to blacklist my papers that even if I had gone job hunting, no one would accept me except his enemies.

Mother was in jail and after appearing in court a month ago, she was sentenced to 20 years imprisonment for murder.
I couldn't build the courage to visit her even for a day, Becca told me she had lost weight and she would plead with her to bring me along, but I would never make that mistake.
Drinking and crying had become my new lifestyle, many are the times I thought about ending my life, but for the sake of my baby girl, I would fight the feeling.

" Hi, Tasila?" I greeted her, and immediately she answered my call.

I had been trying to call her phone for days but it was unreachable.

" What do you want Sam?" She answered.

" Tasi, please help me talk to Willi, there is barely any food in the house, we are starving to death," I cried, speaking between my sobs.

" Samantha, Willi is your husband not mine, solve your issues and don't involve me,"

" Tasi," " Sam am hanging up,"

" Who was that?" I heard a familiar male voice from the background.

" It's your wife," she answered
And I hear him scoff so loudly.
"Ta....," She cut the call.

No, not with Tasila, Willi couldn't be with her,she was Jamie's wife.
She was my best friend, I know things hadn't been going on well between us, but she couldn't go out with my husband. I cried, falling to the floor from my chair.

" Mummy?" Bella shock me, to get my attention after she had seen me cry so miserably.
" Mummy?" She kept shaking me, so I pulled her closer to me.

" Samantha?" Becca's voice called me," what is wrong?" She sat next to me on the floor, pulling Bella to her side.

" Nothing, am fine," I started wiping my tears.

" Samantha, you don't have to keep things from me, am the only one you have, so if you are going to hide things from me, you will be killing yourself," her comforting voice, made me sob louder.

" Tasila is going out with Willi," I finally talked.

" How did you find out?" Curiosity ran through her voice.

" I called her, pleading with her, to help me talk to Willi, but before she hang up, I heard his voice from the background," I explained.

" You can't be hundred percent sure it was him, maybe it wasn't,"

" What If it was," I cried.

" Sam, we have enough to worry about, let's not create more things for ourselves," she advised.

Maybe I was just overthinking, but still all that was just too much.

" I came here to show you this," she handed me her phone.

It was a press briefing by daddy.
He announced Eva as his biological daughter, introducing her as GAI CEO and closing all allegations raised against her.

I didn't know how to believe all that, his biological daughter? How could that be?
She was going to come for me and do to me everything I did to her.
As if life hadn't done enough, making Eva noble, was its worst.

" Where did you get this?" I hit her with a quick stare.

" It's all over the internet," she answered, grabbing her phone back.

" This can't be true," I mumbled to myself.

" She is coming for us," she warned, sighing.

I couldn't say a word, because I knew she was right.

Thanks for reading... please share, vote and comment...