chapter 58

Eva's POV

Trying to help daddy plan for his dinner date with mum wasn't easy.
Daddy is a perfectionist, so helping him, meant coming up with the most perfect dinner.

He knew very little information about mum as a result he couldn't think of anything that would impress her.

" Why don't we ask her?" Sam suggested.

" That will give her an idea, it is a surprise," daddy answered finally sitting on the couch, after pacing around the living room.

" Nana, you have to have an idea, she is your daughter?" I turned to look at the old woman seated quietly as if she was that innocent.

" I thought daughters know more about their mothers?" She smirked, making me roll my eyes.

" Fine I give up," I fell on the couch sighing in annoyance.

" Good evening family?" Evans who had just walked in greeted.

" Good evening," they answered apart from me, I was too annoyed to answer.

" Yes, why didn't I think about this all this time?"I stormed out, standing up," Evans was the person we needed,"
I walked to him and embraced him tightly as everyone was still looking at me, probably thinking I was mad.

" You have stayed with mum for a long time, so you probably know her more?" I challenged, pulling him to sit down.

" Yes, I think I do, what's up," he asked, glancing from one person to the other.

" We are planning a dinner proposal date for daddy and aunt Mercy," Sam updated him and he nodded.

" According to how you know mum, what would be her ideal date?" I asked, my eyes fixed on him.

" Mum is the most difficult person I know, just like my father, she doesn't express herself that easily," he told us, "one time we tried to plan a birthday party for her, but no one could figure out what she liked, so Grace had to steal her journal," he stopped to laugh," I know that was wrong, but we had no option,"

" So what did you read?" I asked curiously.

" You," answered, making me narrow my eyes at him.

" What do you mean?" Daddy was as lost as I was.

" Eva all the things that she wrote in that book, never made sense until today," he fixed his stare at me," you are her preferred color and food, she wrote I don't know myself because an important part of me has never been there to define me. It was departed from me and the day I will find her, if she is still alive, will be the day I will begin to discover myself,"

" That was why she always wants to find out every little thing about me," I remembered pressing my lips together.

" Then this should be easy," Sam cheered up.

" Yes it will," daddy seconded.

Am a very simple person that loves everything nice, but what I couldn't understand was why my mother would give up who she was for me.
Would I do the same when I have my child? It reminded a wonder to me.
On the other hand, I saw so many people become better people after having children. One of them was my sister Sam, Bella has changed her life, she traded who she was for her daughter.
Whatever Willi did, Sam would have done it better, but because of little Bella, she gave up all her selfish ways.

I didn't want to be selfish, this wasn't my engagement, mum would love what I love and I loved what daddy loved, so everything was left to him.